Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Stonehenge Therapeutic Community currently has an opening for an Executive Director to join their team. Working with the Board of Directors and the Senior Leadership Team, the Executive Director is accountable for overseeing the strategic planning, programming, services, budget, staffing and communications for Stonehenge. This position is also responsible for ensuring the strategic direction, goals and objectives are put into effective operational plans and activities.
About Stonehenge Therapeutic Community:
Stonehenge Therapeutic Community works together with individuals, families and communities impacted by substance use, co-occurring mental health issues and criminal justice involvement to restore hope, dignity and self-respect and to support ongoing opportunities for positive change and growth.
STC leads the way in helping people living with co-occurring substance use and metal health issues to be empowered to make healthier life choices and to pursue opportunities to thrive and contribute within their communities. STC envisions a world in which all people living with co-occurring substance use and mental health issues are welcomed and accepted within their communities.
STC is a Therapeutic Community, one of a few in Ontario and Canada. Therapeutic Community is a structure model and treatment environment where the principle means for promoting change is through self-help and mutual support. This model of treatment is grounded on the belief that personal change is holistic and involves addressing all aspects of the person including their lifestyle, values and identity. This model is also the foundation of the workplace and leadership culture of the organization.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for:
· Gather information about the political, economic and funding climate as well as input from the Senior Leadership Team, the Board of Directors and relevant stakeholders on the strategic direction
· Develop, finalize and present to the Board and Funding Bodies the strategic direction and evolve the mission as needed
· Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships and adopt a leadership role in meetings/committees/associations and with funders to bring about system transformation and new program opportunities
· Provide consultation and information to the Board as well as input and recommendations related to short and long term direction of Stonehenge
· Support in the recruitment of new Board Members
· Provide information and consultation related to risk management areas (i.e. political and environmental scans)
Leadership and Management of the Senior Leadership Team and Direct Reports
· Provide coaching and mentoring to the Senior Leadership Team
· Conduct performance evaluations and provide coaching on crisis management situations
· Lead the Senior Leadership and Leadership team meetings as well as discussions related to high level agency areas and discussions about expansion
· Oversee recruitment, discipline and terminations
· Conduct/oversee training and orientation of new employees
· Sign off hours for payroll and approve vacation requests for Senior Leadership Team
· Oversee project charters and priorities for Senior Leadership Team and Executive Assistant
Fostering Key Stakeholder Partnerships and Stonehenge’s Brand Locally, Nationally and Internationally
· Participate in International, Canadian, and Provincial and Local Committees/Associations related to the function and long term support of the Agency
· Establish/maintain good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
· Attend and/or present at key conferences
Identifying funding sources, writing and submitting proposals for new funding, ensuring compliance with funder contracts and budget requirements, as well as engaging key stakeholders for funding
Negotiating, Reviewing and Maintaining Contract Compliance
Developing and Overseeing Program Accountability, Outputs and Evaluation Framework for the Agency
· Exceptional leadership skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Ability to be a role model within the Therapeutic Community treatment model
· Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit organizations
· Knowledge of current environmental challenges and opportunities (across all sectors including funders and political trends) relating to the mission of the organization.
· Must have exceptional organizational, program development and public relations skills
· Must have exceptional clinical skills appropriate to the setting
· Ability to work co-operatively with others in a team environment, while providing effective direction
· Ethical behaviour and business practices that aligns with the values of the organization
· Other related duties as needed
· Doctoral or Master’s level of Education in the Social Sciences field (Social Work, Psychology, Human Resources) or equivalent
· Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the field of addictions and residential treatment modalities
· Excellent comprehension of all relevant legislation dealing with human resources and residents (i.e. Human Rights Code, Pay Equity Act, ESA, Mental Health Act)
· 10 years in senior management or a combination of relevant experience is preferred
· Excellent clinical skills with individuals, families and groups or skills appropriate to the setting
· Valid G Driver’s License for a minimum of 3 years
· Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record
· Reliable Vehicle
· Must successfully pass a CSC screening
· Must have valid First Aid/CPR
· Standard office environment
· Working in various community settings
· Evening/weekend work required
· Travel is required
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday August 12, 2019 at 4pm.
CONTACT: If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to: email@example.com Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all those for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Stonehenge Therapeutic Community is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
registered social worker
Cochrane Temiskaming Children's Treatment Centre
community and social services worker
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda Territory
Casual/Replacement School Social Worker
Halton District School Board
Jewish Family & Child