Mental Health Counselor
- Prince Edward Family Health Team
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Job Type
The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is seeking a Mental Health Counselor (3 days per week) to join our progressive team serving the residents of Prince Edward County.
The PEFHT provides access to health care services for County residents. Our interdisciplinary team offers comprehensive, patient-centred primary health care including diagnosis, treatment and management, prevention and cure, rehabilitation, palliative care and community health promotion.
Live and work in Prince Edward County; well-known to offer the best in rural living. 800 km of spectacular shoreline and beautiful scenery at your doorstep, fresh air, family farms and warm communities, live theatre, artists' studios and galleries, unique regional cuisine and a growing wine industry all combine to make “the County” a location of choice.
Supported by the rest of the PEFHT Mental Health team, and working with the broader multidisciplinary PEFHT team, the Mental Health Counselor provides time-limited support and counselling to PEFHT referred patients by:
- providing psychosocial assessments and interventions;
- developing and evaluating care plans;
- assisting in the triage and intake process for mental health referrals;
- offering interim support to patients awaiting psychiatric services;
- providing assistance to consulting psychiatrists to complete case plans and providing clinical follow-up to patients of our mental health clinic;
- liaising with community resources and making referrals as necessary and appropriate; assisting with “system navigation”;
- evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care; and,
- consulting with multidisciplinary team members, physicians and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in patient-centred care.
- MSW, BSW, MACP, or other regulated mental health professional.
- Member of Ontario College of Social Workers & Social Service Workers, College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, or equivalent, and familiar with scope of practice for the related profession.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, and within a brisk work setting.
- Exceptional interviewing & assessment abilities.
- Minimum 3 years experience providing direct mental health services to meet the needs of a broad population (adult, child & adolescent, geriatric).
- Strong understanding of psychiatric illness and a variety of interventions.
- Flexible and adaptable; willing to see patients in a variety of settings including in-home visits and different PEFHT office locations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of health care facilities and community mental health support systems, services, social agencies etc.
- Proficient with electronic medical records and standard office software.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday August 2.
More search results
Registered Social Worker
The Charles H. Best Diabetes Centre
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
Independent Private Practice Therapist
Layla Care Inc.
Craigwood Children, Youth & Family Services
Gender-based Violence Service Expert - Volunteer …