CHILD & FAMILY SUPPORT SUPERVISOR- FULL TIME, PERMANENT
- VHA Home HealthCare
- Toronto, ON
- Job Category
- Social Work
- Job Type
Supervisor, Child & Family Support (Community Support Program) (Full time, Permanent)
To provide case management, service coordination and supervisory functions in the Child & Family Programs: Support for Family in Crisis and Parent Relief and Connect, Public Health Child Minding Services.To conduct home visit assessment for all program clients admitted to the programs. This includes developing service and discharge plans; conduct in home safety assessments, and monitor field staff performance and, linkage to community resources.
You will schedule and supervise a team of Child & Family Support Workers, Home Support Workers, Volunteers and Students. This will include supervising and managing performances, conduct annual performance appraisals, hold quarterly team meetings, and monitoring staffing to ensure adequate staff levels. In addition, provide training and education to enhance and increase the staff competencies in working with families from diverse backgrounds. You will participate in VHA services and quality initiatives. All activities are conducted within the policies, procedures and standards of confidentiality of VHA.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours Required for this Position:
- Degree in Social Work with minimum 3 years working experience with children and families
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services in good standing
- Experience working with mental health and vulnerable adults and seniors populations
- Experience in service planning and coordination.
- Experience working with and supervising volunteers and students
- Experience in supervision and performance management of staff.
- Experience with program development and evaluation.
- Strong communication and advocacy skills.
- Experience in developing, training and education programs to Child & Family Support Workers (CFSW).
- Excellent intake assessment, formulation and case planning skills.
- Demonstrated strength in family and individual work and case management.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and psychosocial assessment tools.
- Demonstrated ability to assess family needs and formulate service care plans.
- Working knowledge of Family and Adult/Seniors Mental Health
- Excellent problem solving skills, solution-focus approach and crisis intervention.
- Skilled in service outreach and development.
- Knowledge of community social and health services and established contacts with other agencies.
- Knowledge and experience with practical application of employment and health & safety legislation.
- Knowledge of the City, TTC routes, and the various components of the Agency preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced computer skills in word processing and data entry.
- Demonstrate efforts to continuously develop and upgrade skills.
- A valid Ontario Driver's licence and access to a vehicle is required.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion.
More search results
Registered Social Worker
The Charles H. Best Diabetes Centre
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
Independent Private Practice Therapist
Layla Care Inc.
Craigwood Children, Youth & Family Services
Gender-based Violence Service Expert - Volunteer …