- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Social Work
The London InterCommunity Health Centre is looking for experienced Social Workers on casual, temporary or permanent full time basis, to join the mental health team to support clients who are experiencing barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions.
This role works as part of an interdisciplinary team, to provide team-based care using the model of health and wellbeing. Recognizing the broad scope of practice, and the complexity of the client’s needs, this role will have a significant responsibility in providing case management functions.
The incumbent of this position will work onsite, as well as at our local community partner’s, to provide case management, psychosocial assessments, trauma informed care, counselling /therapy- using different therapeutic modalities- to individuals, families and groups. Additionally, this role will require the ability to develop, facilitate, evaluate therapeutic/counselling groups, and participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, families, and the community.
- Required education in Social Work or Counselling Psychology from a recognized University, BSW/MSW;
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Social Worker and Social Service Workers, in good standing;
- Minimum 3 years’ of complex counselling/therapy experience; community health experience is an asset;
- Direct experience with communities at risk such as the homeless population, those who inject drugs and use substances, Indigenous populations and/or people with serious mental health challenges;
- Significant experience in case management and knowledge of trauma counselling therapy to manage complexity of the case load;
- Access to/ability to use reliable transportation throughout the City of London;
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records in accordance with the Health Centre’s policies utilizing strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office and EMR (Practice Solutions Suite currently in use).
- Experience in mental health, addictions, primary care, working with refugees and newcomer populations;
- Practiced experience with patient education and/or developing patient education materials;
- Awareness of and understanding of the social determinants of health, health promotion and harm reduction;
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, non-judgement and facilitation skills; cross-cultural work is an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Multilingualism (French, Arabic, Kurdish, Swahili, Spanish) an asset.
Alternative Qualifications we would consider
- Current registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, in good standing.
Why Work with Us
We offer a competitive salary, complimented with membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). The Full time opening also offers generous paid vacation time and annual professional development time. To promote time to recharge, our normal work week is 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday with a steady schedule. Paid sick and emergency days are available to all staff for self and family care.
We are a recognized Positive Space for staff and community and uphold a commitment to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of our clients and community we serve to demonstrate we are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position by forwarding a covering letter (outlining which status you’d prefer to be considered for; full time, short term contract, casual) and resume by Friday July 26th at 4:00pm to the attention of Roger Kabuya, with the position title in the subject line (if applicable):
Mail: London InterCommunity Health Centre 659 Dundas Street London, Ontario, N5W 2Z1
Fax: (519) 642-1532
Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.
More search results
CHILD & FAMILY SUPPORT SUPERVISOR- FULL TIME, PER…
VHA Home HealthCare
Mental Health Counselor
Prince Edward Family Health Team
Professional Practice Leader, Social Work
Quinte and District Rehabilitation
Counsellors (full time, part time, remote)
Renaissance Recruitment Services Inc.