Registered Social Worker
Loyalist Family Health Team is seeking a skilled, enthusiastic full-time Social Worker interested in working in a positive, innovative, team-based primary care setting. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the Social Worker assists patients by providing solution-focused short-term counselling to individuals and groups, including assistance navigating community resources.
Consider this position if you:
- hold a Masters of Social Work degree
- have at least three years related experience
- possess enthusiasm for working with patients across a broad spectrum of ages and challenges
- are passionate about working in an interdisciplinary care model
- want to work in a small yet mighty organization, where you are not just a number, and you have the ability to impact real change in healthcare delivery for patients of the LFHT
- are innovative by nature and hope to have input into program design and delivery in order to improve the lives of patients
- have the ability and desire to develop new skills and evolve with a continuous improvement focus
- would enjoy working in beautiful Amherstview, just minutes from the shores of Lake Ontario and a short distance to Kingston
- competence in CBT counselling
- experience assisting patients with anxiety, depression, grief, relationship concerns, emotional eating, insomnia, chronic pain, and cognitive impairment
- thorough understanding of community mental health and addictions resources and how to navigate local support networks
- experience leading groups
We offer a collegial, collaborative atmosphere with a commitment to employee and organizational development, along with a competitive salary and benefits package. You may email your cover letter, resume, and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is July 17, 2019. Thank you for your interest. Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.