Mental Health Manager
- Marathon Ontario or Red Rock Ontario
- $102,998 to $107,202
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Social Work
- Job Type
The Superior-Greenstone District School Board is a small school district that prides itself on building positive places for learning and working in a collaborative environment. We believe in quality programs and service delivery to ensure an outstanding and rewarding experience for our students. We are currently seeking a strong clinical leader to join our collaborative leadership team. The Mental Health Manager plays a vital role in meeting the government’s commitment under the Mental Health and Addictions Strategy, Open Minds, Healthy Minds, to create a more integrated and responsive child and youth mental health and addictions system.
SUPERIOR-GREENSTONE DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Invites Applications for a MENTAL HEALTH MANAGER
The Mental Health Manager:
· Works with staff, families and students in order to provide fast access to high quality services;
· Applies their knowledge and clinical skills in supervising, training and supporting school mental health workers, Child and Youth Workers, and attendance councilors;
· Serves as a liaison with School Mental Health Ontario and will share and provide professional learning created at the provincial level;
· Is responsible for the organization, administration, management and implementation of the Mental Health Strategy;
· Collects and analyzes data that will form the creation and implementation of the Superior-Greenstone Mental Health Strategy;
· Provides early intervention in child and youth mental health and addictions needs;
· Closes service gaps for vulnerable children and youth across the district;
· Updates and initiates protocols within mental health and addictions;
· Leads intervention needs for tragic events;
· Consults and collaborates with outside agencies and professionals;
· Is accountable for, and prepares plans and reports, on initiative funding by the Ministry of Education;
· Reports to the Superintendent of Education.
This position will require extensive travel throughout the district.
Candidates must possess:
· Successful completion of a graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in Social Work, Clinical/School Psychology, or Psychiatry required;
· Eligibility for registration with a college governing mental health professionals required;
· Extensive clinical experience with youth and the ability to work within a school district setting, across the tiers of mental health intervention (promotion, prevention, intervention, crisis and system navigation);
· Fluent understanding of evidence-informed practice, implementation science, and knowledge of mobilization in schools;
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in strategy development, coordination and implementation in the area of mental health;
· Experience providing and/or facilitating adult learning, professional learning and training preferred; and,
· A valid driver’s license and the willingness to travel for school board related business required.
The following attributes are necessary:
· Ability to deal with sensitivity and sound judgment in oral and written communications with staff and the public;
· Ability to coordinate and organize work to achieve results; and,
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Qualities of the Mental Health Manager should include:
· Knowledge and capacity in clinical assessments, research, and crisis intervention;
· Demonstrated leadership skills;
· Ability to work collaboratively and influence change with service providers, teachers, principals, central staff, board and community partners;
· Understanding and respect for confidentiality;
· Openness to learning stance must be evident;
· Skills in technology; and,
· Proven ability to develop relationships and network with other educators.
Salary Range: $102,998 to $107,202
Commencing: This position will commence on August 19, 2019
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume outlining qualifications and experience as well as three (3) professional references along with telephone numbers and a written authorization from the applicant permitting the Board to contact these references. Information from such persons will be gathered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Deadline: Applications must be received by Monday, June 17, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m.
Apply to: Valerie Nakani, Human Resources/Payroll Officer
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting posting number EP109-18/19 in your email and cover letter.
Please note that we only accept applications submitted in either Word or Adobe Acrobat format. Our system does not support Google docs.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Following the interview process, all applications will be destroyed.
More search results
Manager of the Mental Health Service / Chef en sa…
Conseil scolaire de district catholique de l'Est ontarien
Registered Social Worker
The Charles H. Best Diabetes Centre
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
Independent Private Practice Therapist
Layla Care Inc.
Craigwood Children, Youth & Family Services