The Social Worker is a collaborative member of the team providing expert clinical service to the assessment and treatment of clients of the Program; provides psychosocial assessment and a range of treatments to children/adolescents and their families experiencing moderate to severe behavioural and/or emotional disturbance; provides information, consultation, and education to clients of the Program, members of the Family and Youth Clinic Program, other Hospital Staff and the community on matters related to child and family development and mental health concerns.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ supervised experience in family treatment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in inter-disciplinary and inter-agency cooperation.
- Member of the Ontario College of Certified Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Knowledge of Eating Disorders and their treatment.
- Knowledge base of childhood/adolescent development and family life cycle. A demonstrated model of systemic family therapy.
- Commitment to multi-disciplinary, collaborative, systemic, strengths based model of practice.
- Ability to assess and treat children and families using an integrated model of practice.
- Flexibility in presentation and use of self.
- Knowledge and skill in working with a full range of adolescents and childhood disorders.
- Ability to tolerate emotionally challenging and anxiety-provoking presentations, symptoms and family reactions.
- Group therapy skills.
- Advocacy/brokering skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a good attendance record and meet the performance standards of the Health Centre.
Peterborough Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in your applicant form.
While the Health Centre appreciates your expression of interest in this position(s), only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. Please note, in the case of unionized positions, the Health Centre will consider internal applicants first, in accordance with the particular Collective Agreement.
More search results
Psychotherapist/ Social Worker
Queen Square FHT
Child Protection Worker
Ministry of Children and Family Development
Dementia Care Partner Counsellor
Alzheimer Society of Durham Region
Developmental Services of Leeds and Grenville
Independent Private Practice RSW (in-person or on…
Layla Care Inc.