Supervisor, Supportive Housing Programs (2023-452-CC)
Program Overview – Supportive Housing, Community Care
The Supportive Housing Program provides housing for seniors who have been street involved, experiencing mental health and/or addictions issues. The program provides onsite psychosocial, primary care supports and services including: intensive case management; harm reduction and addiction supports; therapeutic and supportive counseling; 24-hour staffing; assistance with activities of daily living; life skills development; social and recreational activities; volunteer opportunities; and follow up support.
What You Will Do
- Support the Manager with implementing the operational responsibilities of programs, services, and initiatives associated with the Supportive Housing Program.
- Provide daily oversight of program staff and support with orientation of staff, training and scheduling.
- Work directly with the program participants to ensure they are meeting program expectations.
- Provide support to staff regarding program issues, team building, and crises incidents through individual meetings with staff and participation in team meetings.
- Support the effective utilization, training, and support of volunteers and students throughout the various programming activities.
- Support the Manager with the planning and implementation of staff development.
- Support the promotion/awareness building of the programs and its services to the immediate and broader community.
- Support in building and maintaining internal and external partnerships and collaborative activities.
- Support in the development of and implements program initiatives, such as food access, peer involvement, and social and recreational and life skills programming.
- Support staff with the development, execution & monthly oversight of Coordinated Care Plans and Case Plans.
- Support in the development of common strategies to address tenancy and building issues.
- Support WoodGreen Housing and Building Services with property management.
- Support the Housing Unit with tenancy issues, including pest control and hoarding.
- Support the Manager with the implementation of program/operational protocols.
- Support the Manager with the implementation of organizational policies and procedures being carried out within all programs areas and services.
- Support the Manager with the implementation of data tracking systems and reporting tools and completion of reports.
- Prepare statistical and program reports for the Manager as requested.
- Ensure that the equity objectives and community development policies of the organization are followed within the programs.
- Participate in regular supervisory sessions with the Manager.
- Engage in training and education to upgrade skills as directed.
- Participate in additional program duties as directed by the Manager/Senior Leadership Team
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3+ years of experience implementing programs and working with homeless/vulnerably housed older adults and seniors.
- 3+ years of experience supervising staff, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Effective September 7, 2021, all newly hired employees will be required to provide proof that they have completed an approved course of vaccination against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to commencing employment or provide documentation to support an exemption based on grounds covered by the Ontario Human Rights Act (i.e. Medical exemption).
What Will Set You Apart
- Knowledge of RTA and occupancy agreements, and property management.
- Understanding of homelessness, poverty, mental health and substance use.
- Ability to develop effective services for individuals and communities facing these challenges.
- Exercise excellent judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity to changing situations/needs.
- Ability to implement program initiatives and build partnerships, with an understanding of program development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to challenge organizations, staff and tenant communities in a positive/creative way.
- Knowledge of budgets and funding.
- Knowledge of group facilitation and policy development skills.
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation, and crisis prevention/intervention skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking, time management, writing, and editing skills.
- Strong computer proficiency.
More search results
Integrated Mental Health Manager
Regent Park Community Health Centre
East Central Ontario Resource Centre Director
Huntington Society of Canada
Youth and Family Therapist (2 vacant positions)
Social Worker, Junior School
Social Worker - Infant and Child Development
THRIVE Child Development Centre