1 Temporary Full Time Social Workers MSW, Outpatient Mental Health – First Responders
In partnership with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board of Ontario (WSIB) and Trillium Health Partners, Woodstock Hospital will launch an extensive mental health assessment and treatment specialty pilot program for First Responders. A first-of-its-kind in the province, this pilot program will deliver an innovative and evidence-based mental health stepped-care model that includes in-person and virtual treatment, together with return to work coordination, physical reactivation and after-care services tailored to First Responders.
The Social Worker is a member of an interdisciplinary team who provides psychosocial assessments and treatment for first responders. The Social Worker is responsible for the ongoing planning, implementation and evaluation of the First Responders Program and its specific individual and group therapy services. As a regulated health professional, the Social Worker will adhere to best practices during the provision of individual and group psychotherapy/counselling services.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited university
- Must be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Minimum of 2 years of recent mental health experience
- Excellent psychosocial assessment and treatment skills of clients of the hospital
- Knowledgeable in mental health best practices and the modalities of Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Motivational Interviewing (MI), Trauma Informed Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT).
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to deal congenially with a variety of people efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Organizational skill and demonstrated ability to handle and respect confidential information with fact and diplomacy are essential
- Must have and provide proof of full COVID-19 immunization(2 or more doses)