Social Worker (MSW)
Position Type: Full time (35 hours per week)
Job Region: ON - Metro Toronto Area
Location: Hybrid model (online and on-site at office)
Years of Experience: 2- 3 years
Application Deadline: September 22nd, 2023
Starting Date: ASAP
Join our team! The Aphasia Institute is seeking an experienced, and dynamic Social Worker who is looking for a unique and exciting role in the community services sector.
Job Summary: Under minimal supervision, the Social Worker is responsible for participating in an inter-disciplinary team for the delivery of the Intake, Introductory, Community Aphasia and Caregiver Programs for people affected by aphasia, along with assessment Services, and providing support to individuals and their families as needed.
The Social Worker will participate in, and contribute as a team member to the Aphasia Institute’s clinical service delivery, planning, development, and operational and strategic goals.
WHAT MUST YOU BRING
Education and Experience:
- Master of Social Work Degree
- Current registration in good standing with Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- A minimum of two to three years' experience working with adults and/or seniors
- Experience with working with people living with disabilities
- Experience in intake
- Experience with motivational interviewing and strength-based techniques
- Experience conducting psycho-social assessments
- Experience working with caregivers and families
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and presentations
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset
- Experience with, or knowledge of aphasia is an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Office, Zoom and other video conferencing platforms
- Resourceful, creative, flexible and well organized
- Excellent writing skills, including assessment reports, progress notes and letters
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and with others and within an inter-professional team
- Ability to meet competing demands
WHO WE ARE
We are a not-for-profit organization with a collaborative approach and a commitment to teamwork. The organizational structure reflects a community of individuals with aphasia, their families, volunteers, staff, and supporters who are dedicated to reducing language barriers to full-life participation at local, provincial, national, and international levels. We aim to give hope and make a difference to the quality of life and well-being of individuals with aphasia and their families, wherever they may be.
The Aphasia Institute offers a hybrid work model, competitive salary, and benefits package. We seek to attract and retain individuals who work well together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe, and caring community. We encourage applications from people of all ages, persons with disabilities, people from racialized communities, people identifying as Indigenous, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Accommodation is available on request to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send your cover letter and your resume to Caryl Pereira at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, September 22nd, 2023 5pm
Compensation type: Salary and Benefits
Amount: To be discussed
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.