Mental Health Clinician - Eating Disorders
Kinark Child and Family Services is a leading child and youth service organization in Ontario on a mission to become an employer of choice. We provide a wide range of evidence-based services that include individual, family and group counselling for children and youth with complex needs and their families. Kinark’s three program streams include: Community-Based Child and Youth Mental Health, Autism and Forensic Mental Health.
Are you interested in working for a leading organization helping children and youth with complex needs?
Come join our team!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, comprehensive health and dental benefits, and other employment perks
- Flexible work arrangement supporting employee work life balance
- Employer Matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan up to 6%
- Employee Wellness Program
- Extensive Educational and Training Opportunities and Supports
- Supportive work environment with regular Supervision and Feedback
- Renowned Accredited Clinical Programs
We currently have an opportunity for:
JOB DESCRIPTION *
Kinark currently has an opportunity for a permanent full time Mental Health Clinician in our new Eating Disorders Program.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the interprofessional team in the outpatient Eating Disorders Program, the Eating Disorders Mental Health Clinician provides evidence-based mental health treatment to children, youth and families in both the Durham and York Regions in collaboration with their multidisciplinary team and other professionals in the community involved in the client’s care.
This role will support and operationalize the goals and objectives of improving life outcomes for children and youth experiencing symptoms of Eating Disorders while upholding Kinark’s core values and commitment to inclusion and respecting diversity.
The Eating Disorders Mental Health Clinician will be responsible for the following:
• Conduct clinical assessments and provide evidence-based intervention;
• Provide clinical consultation, analysis and interpretation of collateral documentation, teaching/developing client coping skills, developing and implementing clinical treatment plan recommendations;
• Develop crisis intervention/safety planning and recommendations for clients;
• Provide timely service that is responsive to the need/goal identified in the client’s treatment plan;
• Ensure consistent communication and collaboration among multi-disciplinary team members in the client’s circle of care;
• Participate in regular Eating Disorders team meetings as well as case conferences as appropriate;
• Complete accurate and timely case notes and clinical documentation as required in compliance with OCSWSSW/applicable regulatory college regulations and agency policy;
• Contribute to service planning and monitoring program outcomes as appropriate within the clinical file;
• Provide feedback to supervisor and Eating Disorders team (as appropriate) regarding service structure, with a focus on continuous improvement within the service system;
• Foster positive working relationships with community partners and other service delivery organizations to support quality care of clients;
• Represent the Agency’s mission, vison, values and strategic direction at community partner meetings, case conferences, etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Master’s level education in social work, counselling and therapy, or psychology and valid membership in the applicable regulated college
• Experience supporting children/youth and families with Eating Disorders including relevant evidence-based intervention strategies and common co-existing conditions
• Experience collaborating with team members from multiple disciplines
• Strong assessment skills for identifying child, youth and family’s mental health strengths and needs across domains
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Exceptional problem solving skills and solution focused communication skills that promote positive, productive and proactive dialogue that contributes to successful care planning with community partners
• Ability to effectively support families experiencing significant emotional distress
• Ability to identify risk situations requiring prompt action
• Appropriate independence using strong judgement skills to access supervision as required
• Flexibility and adaptability to work within an evolving/changing system of service delivery
• Commitment to supporting diverse families in respectful and inclusive manner
• In depth knowledge of the broader service system for children and families, including crisis services and supports
• Computer literacy
• Experience using EMHware or other Client Information System databases for documentation considered an asset
Kinark Child and Family Services conditions of employment include but are not limited to successful Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, completed Pre-Employment Medical certificate, and proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received all required doses of a World Health Organization Approved COVID-19 Vaccine at least one of which being approved for use in Canada and 14 days have passed since your last dose. Proof of vaccination for each vaccine dose received is required.
Kinark Child and Family Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify People and Culture at email@example.com or (905) 474-9595.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
More search results
Social Worker (MSW)
Social Worker (Masters) | Health Network
Interior Health Authority
SOCIAL WORKER - Reactivation Care Centre
Social Work Administrative Assistant
Social Worker II (Mental Health Services/Transiti…
Michael Garron Hospital