- COSTI IMMIGRATION SERVICES
- 100 Lippincott St. Toronto ( multiple locations)
- Job Category
- Social Work
- Job Type
This is a full-time management position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Manages a Reception Centre and Hotel(s) operating 24 hours per day, 365 days per year with the capacity to service over 2000 newcomers annually.
- Supervises and trains Administrative staff, Manager Operations and Managers Programs.
- In partnership with the Manager Operations and Managers Programs., responsible for hiring, training and evaluating of Centre staff.
- Works in partnership with Citizenship and Immigration Canada in operating the Resettlement Assistance Program.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with other agencies, professionals, and government officials.
- Monitors the delivery of settlement services at the Centre in accordance with agency contractual obligations
- Holds regular team meeting with the Centre’s staff
- Involved with the planning and developing of new programs, and in the evaluation and improvement of existing programs, to ensure quality of services meet established objectives.
- Researches, develops & prepares grant proposals for the government & other funding sources
- Ensures all organizational timelines are met (e.g. grant applications, monthly and quarterly reports, budgetary reviews, performance appraisals).
- Develops and oversees annual budget of over 10 million; monitoring and controlling expenses within the organization’s guidelines and accounting practices
- Develops and monitors budget expenditures; prepares statistical and service reports.
- Ensures that Health and Safety regulations are met within the legislated regulations including day to day operations and emergency procedures under City of Toronto Shelter Standards
- Provides “manager on call” duties as required
- Ensures professional development for the center staff is in keeping with program initiatives
- Participates in division management team meetings, organizational meetings and external community commitments and takes on tasks and lead roles as assigned.
- Ensures that the center and its’ staff are in compliance with operational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the purchase of capital items e.g. furniture, office equipment etc. and the maintenance of the program’s home office.
- BSW or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in managing a facility operating 365 days per year, 24 hours per day with preference in managing a shelter or residential setting.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience providing supportive services to refugees and clients who are in need of crisis intervention.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in managing staff, administering settlement programs and the financial responsibilities associated with the program.
- Working knowledge of the Resettlement Assistance Program.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with government institutions, and other institutions, community and organizations.
- Sensitivity to and awareness of the needs of refugees and other newcomers such as sole support mothers.
- Ability to communicate in other languages is an asset.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01 and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday
LOCATION: 100 Lippincott St. Toronto ( multiple locations)
START DATE: May 31, 2023
SALARY RANGE: TBD
POSTING DATE: May 1, 2023
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2023
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by quoting reference #98-23, and clicking on the below link:
More search results
School-Based Mental Health Specialist
Comprehensive Care Specialist
WoodGreen Community Services
Family & Child Therapist
The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families
East Central Ontario Resource Centre Director
Huntington Society of Canada
Community Support Worker
WoodGreen Community Services