CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER, M.S.W. &/or PSYCHOTHERAPIST
- Dr. Kaffko & Associates
- Midtown Toronto
- Job Category
- Social Work
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, highly skilled therapist in individual, couple and family therapy, to join our private practice as a contract associate.
This is a part-time psychotherapist position of 2 days per week. More days may be added to the position as time goes on. 1-2 evenings, at least 1 weekend day & weekday hours are required. Our beautiful offices are located in Mid-town Toronto, and we also offer Virtual On-Line Therapy that our associates can do remotely.
WHAT DR. KAFFKO & ASSOCIATES OFFERS:
We are a collaborative psychotherapy private practice, bringing together extensive, specialized clinical experience in a broad spectrum of emotional, behavioral, and family mental health problems and disorders. Our strength as a team of therapists is utilizing both science ie- evidence based interventions and empathy. Diversity and inclusion strengthen our team and services.
We see INDIVIDUALS across the lifespan, experiencing a range of mental health concerns, such as: Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, Loss & Grief, Low Self Esteem, Stress from Work/Life Balance, & LGBTQ+ Issues- including positive self-identification & integration.
We offer COUPLE THERAPY, including Fertility Counselling, Sex Therapy, Separation Counselling & co-parenting help.
We see CHILDREN, ADOLESCENTS & FAMILIES who face struggles with school, peers, family relationships. Parents, who may find themselves in the Sandwich Generation, between the large needs of their children, the co-parenting conflicts & the increasing dependency of their elderly parents.
We offer FAMILY MEDIATION involving couples & families.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Strong clinical Experience & Expertise in psycho-social assessment and treatment of individual clients of all ages, with a range of psychological problems; including anxiety disorders, depression, interpersonal difficulties, grief/loss and trauma.
- Excellent skills in providing evidence-based, processed-oriented psychodynamic models of therapy for both short & long term treatment plans.
- Proven training & experience in CBT & other cognitive therapies, Couple & Family therapies.
- Advanced experience & training working with children & adolescents (and their families) with unique & complex needs.
- Demonstrated experience working with couples similar to the couples who come to our clinic for Couple Enrichment, Conflict Resolution, Communication-Systemic problems in the family, Separation Counselling or Family Mediation.
- It is an asset, if the candidate has training in Mindfulness Meditation
- It is an asset, if the candidate has training in Sex Therapy
- It is an asset, if the candidate has training in Family Mediation
- Exceptional verbal & writing abilities & can effectively work in a telehealth/virtual care delivery mode.
- Empathetic, patient, motivating & excel at fostering a trusting relationship with your clients.
- Ability to write professional clinical reports & letters.
- Demonstrated commitment to own professional development & ongoing education.
- Proof of Malpractice Liability Insurance required.
- Master's degree in Social Work (M.S.W.) or Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology (M.A.) or equivalent.
- (Current member in good standing) Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers (OCSWSSW) is mandatory
- Knowledge and competency in maintaining confidentiality of client information according to FIPPA and PHIPA legislation.
- 5 years or more in practical and clinical counselling experience in the assessment and provision of appropriate psychotherapeutic intervention, with individuals, couples & families, with a variety of conditions that impact overall functional abilities.
- Ability to work over the phone and web-based videoconferencing, Knowledgeable use of Virtual Counselling software.
- Please submit a resume & cover letter describing your goals for your career, strengths regarding the client group you most like working with, professional interests & approaches to treatments.
- All new hires will be required to obtain a Police Records Check as a pre-condition of employment.
- We appreciate all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Please send all correspondents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out our website www.drkarenkaffko.com
More search results
School-Based Mental Health Specialist
Comprehensive Care Specialist
WoodGreen Community Services
Family & Child Therapist
The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families
East Central Ontario Resource Centre Director
Huntington Society of Canada
Community Support Worker
WoodGreen Community Services