CARE AND BE CARED FOR – THIS IS YOUR HOME
Are you an experienced social worker (MSW), seeking a rewarding career that cares for others, in a professional practice that cares for you? You’re looking in the right place.
As a Care Coordinator, you will assess and determine patient care needs and eligibility, provide access and referrals to community services, and engage with patients, caregivers and other health care practitioners.
Whether you work in our office, in the community, or a health care facility – you will play a lead role in providing connected, accessible, patient-centred care – and be supported by our collaborative team that includes over 8,000 regulated health care and other professionals.
As a valued team member, your mission will be to help our patients be healthier at home, while you benefit from our supports for professional growth, personal wellness and work-life balance.
What will you do?
- In collaboration with patients and their families, assess care needs, determine eligibility for services, and develop individual care and service plans
- Link patients with service providers
- Coordinate and monitor care plan delivery
- Establish a helping relationship with patients and their families
- Balance patient needs and choices with available resources, ensuring patients’ values and preferences are respected
What must you have?
- Membership, in good standing, with the applicable regulatory body:
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- 2+ years of recent experience in community health or a related field
- Knowledge of the health care delivery system and community resources
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, assessment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Effective time management, prioritization and organizational skills, with the ability to work independently and co-operatively in a busy multidisciplinary environment
- Established ability to accurately complete required documentation, reports and forms
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- Proficient in a Windows environment
- We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination status prior to start date.
What would give you the edge?
- Experience working with diverse patient groups, e.g., multicultural, homeless, palliative, acquired brain injury (ABI), mental health, geriatrics, pediatrics
- Case management experience or recent related community experience
- Ability to speak French or another second language
What do we offer?
We know wellness is supported with work-life balance. In an inclusive culture committed to support your passion for continuous learning, growth and innovation, we offer:
- Attractive comprehensive compensation packages and benefits
- Valuable development opportunities
- Membership in a world class defined benefit pension plan
Who are we?
We are Home and Community Care Support Services, ready to serve every person in Ontario. We partner with patients and caregivers, primary care providers, hospitals, long-term care and retirement homes, service providers and Ontario Health Teams, to deliver responsive, accessible, integrated, patient-centred care.
Why join us?
If you’re interested in driving excellence in care and service delivery, and seeking an unparalleled opportunity to lead and learn, partner and connect, care and be cared for, this is your home.
Equity, Inclusion, Diversity and Anti-Racism Commitment
Home and Community Care Support Services is committed to a culture of equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism. We are committed to attracting, engaging and developing a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
More search results
Integrated Mental Health Manager
Regent Park Community Health Centre
East Central Ontario Resource Centre Director
Huntington Society of Canada
Youth and Family Therapist (2 vacant positions)
Social Worker, Junior School
Social Worker - Infant and Child Development
THRIVE Child Development Centre