St. Clement’s School (“SCS”) is seeking an interim Social Worker to join our team 3-4 days per week to cover a parental leave for the remainder of this school year with the possibility of extending through the 2023-2024 school year.
The Social Worker works closely with staff, families, and community partners to provide for the physical and emotional needs of students at SCS and to ensure students are set up to perform their best academically. The Social Worker assists students in resolving personal, emotional, and social matters that may affect their overall health, well-being, and ability to learn effectively.
- Provide social-emotional counselling to students;
- Work alongside School Counsellors and other team members to provide overall support to students;
- Connect students and families with professional supports both in and outside of school;
- Effectively relate to and communicate with children, parents, and professionals;
- Intervene with students to decrease risk factors and to increase the presence of protective factors;
- Document and maintain records of services provided to each student as required by licensing standards, provincial legislation, and school policies; and
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES OF OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW);
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent;
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (RSW);
- Minimum of 2 years of Social Work experience;
- Support teachers in meeting the needs of diverse learners; and
- Criminal record check is required as a condition of employment.
DIVERSITY & EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
St. Clement’s School is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value each community member’s identity and well-being. Together, we learn and grow by embracing multiple perspectives, experiences, and cultures. Our differences are our strengths.
St. Clement’s is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations will be provided upon request to support applicants with disabilities throughout our recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation please advise us during our initial conversation, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Founded in 1901, St. Clement’s School is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls. We’re a close-knit, dynamic community of approximately 460 students from Grade 1-12 who live, learn and grow together under one roof. St. Clement’s is recognized for its longstanding commitment to academic rigour and excellence in a small, nurturing environment. At SCS, every student is known and valued.
To learn more about SCS and our career opportunities, please visit our website at https://www.scs.on.ca/about-scs/careers/.
HOW TO APPLY
This posting will remain open until the position is filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting an application at http://stclements.simplication.com/ including a resume and cover letter, as soon as possible.
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in St. Clement’s School!