Social Worker, Children's Treatment Centre
TVCC is currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time (37.5 hours per week) Social Worker to join the Family and Community Services team. The designated office for this position will be London, meeting client needs throughout Southwestern Ontario. Regular travel will be required. The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings.
- Assess and provide psychosocial support and guidance to families, children and youth within a holistic and comprehensive framework using a variety of methods including face-to-face meetings, telephone, brief counselling and cyber-counselling
- Assist families to identify, plan and coordinate services for their child
- Connect families to supports and services in their communities and help them navigate service systems
- Educate and support families to enhance abilities to advocate positively within school and community environments
- Build relationships within the community to develop a foundation for success for clients and their families.
- Help the family with practical considerations such as identifying financial supports, completing paperwork, solving issues such as transportation, or finding informal supports in their community
- Participate in planning services as part of a multi-disciplinary team including care providers, volunteers, staff from other agencies
- Provide community and Centre-based intervention within the LifeNeeds Model of Service
- Participate in service development and evaluation.
- Participate in and /or integrate and share current research/literature on disability, family and community development.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work;
- Current registration (or eligible for registration) as a Social Worker within the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers;
- Knowledge of current models of service provision and clinical expertise relating to children and youth with disabilities and their families;
- Previous clinical experience and skill with assessment, family system analysis, strengths-based interventions and individual brief counselling;
- Knowledge of children’s services including rehabilitation, mental health, child care and education;
- Strengths in interpersonal relations, communication, and problem solving, with the ability to support a multidisciplinary team in stressful family and community work environments;
- Strong clinical telephone skills and have a deep belief in the positive impact that telephone exploration and intervention can have with families.
- Current knowledge of best practices and literature related to disability, family and community development and the Life Needs Model;
- Computer proficiency including MS Office 2010 package of software and video conferencing software (e.g. Zoom);
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources at email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position you are interested in. To learn more about TVCC, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca.
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
Please note that TVCC has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Any offer of employment will be conditional on providing proof of vaccination in accordance with our policy.
More search results
Integrated Mental Health Manager
Regent Park Community Health Centre
East Central Ontario Resource Centre Director
Huntington Society of Canada
Youth and Family Therapist (2 vacant positions)
Social Worker, Junior School
Social Worker - Infant and Child Development
THRIVE Child Development Centre