Housing Case Manager
WHY JOIN CMHA-S/M?!
As a nation-wide organization, the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. The CMHA accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research and service.
All Staff are Eligible for:
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Paid Holiday Float Day
- Professional Development Opportunities
Full-Time Permanent Staff Receive:
- 8 Paid Sick Days
- 2 Paid Personal Days
- 3 Weeks Vacation (to start)
- Benefit Package
CMHA-S/M JOB POSTING – 22-32 Housing Case Manager
Important Note: All new employees must provide proof of full vaccination or valid medical exemption upon hire.
- Department: Community and Housing Development
- Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent positions available
- Hours per Week: 35 hours per week
- Work Location: 111 Elm Street Sudbury, ON
- Union Membership: This position is a unionized position (OPSEU)
- Posting Deadline: Open until filled
Reporting to the Coordinator, Housing Case Management, the Housing Case Manager: • Provides housing supports to individuals living with mental health and/or substance use concerns to reduce the risk of homelessness, crisis or hospitalization and improve well-being. • Working within the framework of a client directed rehabilitation model, staff provide assistance to individuals in: o obtaining housing o enhancing instrumental activities of daily living skills o developing wellness strategies and maintaining their living environment. • Housing Case Managers can provide support in area-specific streams such as the justice system, homelessness sector and/or transitions from hospital.
For the complete job description(s) visit our website: https://sm.cmha.ca/get-involved/careers/
- Completion of a 2 year Diploma or Degree in a health or social services discipline.
- A combination of post-secondary education and 5+ years of experience thatreflects the job description and requirements of the current position will also be considered.
- Minimum one year experience in related position
- Bilingual requirements will be posted in accordance with the FLS Designation Plan. Bilingualism is required for 40% of positions. If a position is designated bilingual and no bilingual candidates (both internal and external) meet the qualifications, unilingual candidates may be considered.
- Access to reliable transportation is required for work duties
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software required
- Professional Designation/Certification (one of the following are required):
1. Registration, in good standing, with a regulating professional body (e.g. OCSWSSW);
2. Certification, in good standing, with a professional certifying organization* within health or social service fields (e.g. CPRRP from PSR Canada);
3. Working towards registration or certification in one of the above within 6 months of hire *Organization must have a written code of ethics, core values and standards that are consistent with those of CMHA-S/M. Certification must require members to meet a core set of competencies, have a requirement for continuous learning to maintain certification and be approved by CMHA-S/M.
Organization must have a written code of ethics, core values and standards that are consistent with those of CMHA-S/M. Certification must require members to meet a core set of competencies, have a requirement for continuous learning to maintain certification and be approved by CMHA-S/M.
Bachelor - Hourly, Step 2: $25.74 – Step 5: $30.28
Diploma – Hourly, Step 2: $23.22 – Step 5: $27.31
*Successful candidates for this position will start at Step 2 of the salary grid.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More search results
Integrated Mental Health Manager
Regent Park Community Health Centre
East Central Ontario Resource Centre Director
Huntington Society of Canada
Youth and Family Therapist (2 vacant positions)
Social Worker, Junior School
Social Worker - Infant and Child Development
THRIVE Child Development Centre