MSW/RSW to support youth to make & sustain positive behavioural changes
What will you get when you come to Venture Academy? •An above-average salary •Health benefits • Paid vacation • Education benefits •Great culture •Room for personal and Professional growth •A supportive environment built on individual strengths •A collaborative team culture that wants you to succeed •Ability to shape future generations •You’ll be instrumental in restoring families •Having a profoundly positive impact on youth, families, and the many communities across Canada
Venture Academy is Canada’s longest-operating premier adolescent treatment program. With two locations we have helped thousands of children and families regain their peace, joy and harmony. Our program supports and treats youth struggling with Mental Health, addiction and behavioural challenges while continuing their studies. We are a licensed and accredited program that is always striving to do more for our clients, families and communities.
What will you be doing? As an MSW you will be meeting with adolescent clients on a 1:1 basis to help move them along the stages of change and to support their individual health and wellness goals. Additionally, you will facilitate process groups 2-3 times per week.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an MSW you will be adept in conflict resolution, crisis intervention and collaborative problem-solving. You are a caring individual who leads with empathy and seeks to understand. You possess the ability to quickly establish a positive rapport and are able to confidently and constructively manage individual and g group dynamics. You provide clinical counselling and case management services to our clients. You will conduct patient assessments, provide individual and group therapy, and collaborate with our aftercare team for a seamless train
Ultimately, you effectively support youth to make and sustain positive behavioural changes. As an important member of the team, you will be responsible for planning, motivating and enthusiastically leading youth in a wide variety of healthy lifestyles and physical activities.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will have direct experience working with youth, preferably in a residential treatment setting and possess a master’s degree in social work. A valid driver's license is also required.
Successful Candidate will:
- Possess a master’s degree in social work
- Have a minimum of five years of experience working with youth and families in a frontline role, preferably in a residential treatment setting
- Be skilled in supporting youth with emotional and social issues, behavioural challenges and learning disorders
- Lead by example, as an adventurous, innovative thinker
- Utilize their positive energy to quickly build rapport
- Possess the enthusiasm to engage youth in an active manner
- Excel at facilitating sustainable, positive behavioural changes
- Be skilled in utilizing outcome-oriented interventions
- Have knowledge of adolescent development
- Be experienced in motivational interviewing
- Have a thorough understanding of attachment-based therapy
- Possess working knowledge of DSM 5 and concurrent disorders
- Be flexible and able to meet quickly emerging deadlines
- Maintain very high professional standards
- Possess superior written and verbal skills
Venture Academy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer demonstrated by our commitment to diversity, inclusion, belonging, equity, and accessibility. We provide a safe space for all team members to express their individuality within our corporate culture.
Accommodations can be made available upon request for those candidates taking part in the selection process.
Only those qualified will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time (Typically Monday to Friday)
Salary Range: $60,000 - $75,000