Senior Policy Advisor
The Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW) is the voice of the social work profession in Ontario. We are focused on expanding awareness of the value of social workers and building relationships that foster engagement with current and future practitioners to strengthen the wide-ranging field of Social Work and the Association.
OASW is looking for a Senior Policy Advisor to join our policy team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build upon our long-standing history of advocacy for the social work profession and those social workers serve by supporting identified priorities within OASW’s overall policy strategy, with a particular focus on the healthcare system.
We are committed to reflecting the diversity of our communities and profession. We seek to achieve an inclusive representation from all equity-deserving groups. Members of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, gender identities and expressions and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
If you are a strategic and critical thinker with strong research, analysis and writing skills as well as proven skills in stakeholder consultation and facilitation, this position is well suited to you.
Develop and implement strategies to support government relations work and the achievement of OASW’s policy and advocacy goals, especially those related to the healthcare system.
- Prepare briefing notes, correspondence, public statements, and submissions to government for review and approval.
- Complete research and analysis from array of sources to monitor issues and trends and provide recommendations and build strategies to support and inform the direction of advocacy actions.
- Source relevant data and documents to support advocacy objectives and communications.
- Prepare and deliver impactful and concise presentations to key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with government, regulators, advocacy organizations, Advisory Groups, members, and other influencers important to the advancement of OASW policy objectives.
- Facilitate and coordinate activities, initiatives, and meetings of Advisory Groups.
- Support grant proposals and partnerships related to advocacy and policy initiatives.
- Provide support for initiatives that advance the social work profession and its priorities.
- Report on key outcome-based metrics and support governance requirements.
- Attend external meetings on behalf of OASW.
- At least 4 years related experience.
- Post-secondary degree in related field; MSW (Master’s in Social Work) preferred.
- Experience and/or interest in working within the healthcare system or health policy is an asset.
- Experience building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong network of related external resources.
- Experience in drafting and preparing policy and advocacy statements and positioning.
- Superior analysis and interpretive capabilities.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent software and technology application use.
This position is based in Toronto in a hybrid working environment.
Reports To: Director, Policy and Communications
Hiring Range: $65,000-$75,000
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@oasw.org
Note: Apply Now! Applications will be considered as they are received.