…Every Child and Youth living life at their full potential.
At Grandview Kids we provide family-centred paediatric assessment, treatment, rehabilitation services and specialized programs. Along with their families, we support children and youth with communication, social, physical and developmental needs to achieve their potential at home, in the community and at school. We are dedicated to inspiring possibilities, fostering development, and supporting growth and personal achievement for our children and youth, their families and our staff members. Our team-oriented approach inspires our staff to collaborate, share ideas, and work with a variety of professional disciplines. We offer a stimulating environment with an exceptional variety of opportunities in the field of paediatric rehabilitation.
The next two years will be a period of unprecedented growth as we work on a major capital expansion for our new facility in Ajax.
If you are looking for an opportunity that offers personal and professional rewards, that makes a real difference and enriches the lives of others, then Grandview Kids is the place for you!
We are excited to be accepting applications for the following position:
- Permanent Part-Time (.6FTE)- 22.5 hours per week
- Commencing November 2022
Under the direction of the Clinical Manager, Clinics and Specialised Supports, the Social Worker provides therapeutic intervention to clients and families in need of assistance to cope with social and emotional concerns; evaluates psycho-social needs of clients and their families; plans, implements, and evaluates the means of therapeutic intervention for families/clients; ensures the maintenance of appropriate records and statistics; maintains communication with all other team members regarding client care; takes part in education, orientation and public relations; maintains a safe work environment; participates in Quality Improvement Program (QIP) activities; carries out other related duties as assigned.
The Social Worker assesses the psycho-social needs of clients and their families by completing assessments of client and family when referred for counselling intervention.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementing and evaluating therapeutic intervention for families and clients through completing written reports and providing recommendations and treatment plans
- Supporting the efforts of other staff to promote achievement of client's goals and collaborating with the family to establish realistic goals for the client and family, while determining all resources required and seeking necessary approval to obtain needed resources
- Regularly reviewing treatment goals to determine degree of achievement, and modifying treatment goals and plan based on outcome
- Providing therapeutic intervention and support to clients and families in need of assistance to cope with social and emotional concerns by providing individual, couple, family or group counselling.Identifying unmet client needs, and referring to appropriate services within the community and advocating on behalf of clients/families and developing and promoting self advocacy skill for clients
- Utilizing group and individual settings to achieve therapeutic goals and engaging the client in therapeutic activities designed to enable the client to reach a maximum level of well-being
- Making internal referrals to other Grandview services and making recommendations to other agencies (with parent's/caregiver’s approval) when appropriate
- Developing programs to meet the needs of various groups of clients;
- Keeping accurate attendance and statistics, in accordance with established Centre procedures
- Collaboration with the Family Support Assistant, clinical teams and consultants and community
- Master of Social Work degree or equivalent.
- Current Registration in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Must have several years of hospital or related experience in dealing with paediatric clients having communication, physical and developmental needs and their families.
- Experience in working with individuals and families as well as therapeutic groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in program development.
- Participation on an interdisciplinary team with a wide variety of professional, preferably including the rehabilitation therapies.
- Well-developed communication skills including verbal, non-verbal, listening, negotiation, presentation and listening skills.
- Strong problem solving, organizational skills, and decision making skills
- Ability to set priorities and time management
- Ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle
You are a superior communicator, both written and verbal with exceptional organizational and time management skills. You possess excellent interpersonal skills, and work effectively with families, all levels of staff, and related community agencies and ensure continuity of care. You have a deep commitment to family-centred care and a passion for working with others to support children to achieve their personal best.
This position is a member of the bargaining unit which is represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union, and as such will be bound under the terms of the collective agreement.
All resumes must be submitted to the Human Resources Manager. Please forward your resume and clearly state Job 22.70 by September 22, 2022 at 5:00 pm to:
Human Resources Manager
Grandview Children’s Centre, 600 Townline Road South, Oshawa ON, L1H 0C8
Grandview Children’s Centre aims to be deliberate in our consideration of diversity, defined as differences in race, colour, place of origin, religion, immigrant and newcomer status, ethnic origin, ability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and age. Recognizing and valuing diversity and equity must be accompanied by concerted efforts to ensure the inclusion of diverse and underrepresented populations, meaning that individuals must be and feel valued, respected and equally supported. We invite applicants in the above defined areas to apply.
Grandview Children’s Centre is committed to complying with all applicable standards as set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). If you have accessibility needs and require alternate formats or other accommodations please contact us.
Please note that all prospective Grandview Kids employees are subject to mandatory immunization requirements, including full and ongoing Covid-19 vaccinations, as a condition of obtaining and maintaining employment. We will make accommodations based upon documented medical or creed exemption in accordance to the Ministry of Health and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants who require accommodations for disabilities or other specific grounds need to make their needs known in advance to Human Resources.
Grandview is proud to acknowledge the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation, which is covered under the Williams Treaties. We are situated on the Traditional Territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, which includes Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.