COME WORK WITH US!
The Health Centre currently has an opening for a Social Worker - we can offer part-time or full-time
Our Social Workers provide high-level social/clinical needs assessments and care to clients who are affected by poverty, addiction, mental health and housing issues. Within an interdisciplinary team, our team of Social Workers provide therapeutic interventions, psycho-education and case management to clients, their family and other support systems.
This opening is located at our Huron Heights, London location and provides 1:1 client support and group programming onsite and within the community.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Paid sick and emergency time
- 3+ weeks of paid vacation time, including your first year
- Paid time to promote mental well-being
- Professional Development and CPD programs
- Steady dependable schedule within Monday to Friday
- Current registration in good standing with the OCSWSSW as an RSW
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in mental health, addictions, and/or primary care
- Planning, development, implementation, evaluation and facilitation skills
- Awareness and understanding of the social determinants of health and health promotion
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, and non-judgement
- Experience with any of the following modalities: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR); Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TF-CBT); Attachment, Regulation and Competency Therapy; Child-Parent Psychotherapy; Child-Parent Interaction Therapy
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including the use of Electronic Medical Records (Telus Practice Solutions Suite currently in use)
- French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
- Knowledge of collaborative decision-making models as well as strength-based and empowerment-based philosophy of community development
- Working knowledge of cultural, social, and demographic patterns relating to priority populations
Submissions will be accepted until end of day September 25, 2022.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve. Should you require an accommodation in making an application, please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Due to the vulnerability of our client populations and the need for reliable attendance, it is a condition of employment that the successful candidate submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and a Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance to Human Resources.
For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions.
Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community.
Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the Health Centre and explore our web presence by visiting us online at www.lihc.on.ca, following us on Twitter @HealthCentre or liking us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre