Community Engagement Coordinator
Bring your skills and experience to the Brampton Library and join a growing team that is committed to enriching the lives of over 600,000 Brampton residents. Working with more than 175 distinct ethnic backgrounds, we promote literacy, and provide access to recreational materials and information in a welcoming environment that reflects Brampton’s diversity, embraces and celebrates our differences and inspires connections among our staff, customers and communities.
Position Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Location: Chinguacousy Branch, Brampton, ON
Job Type: Regular, Full-time, Non-Union
Job Term: Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: October 2022
Salary Range: $75,524 - $89,910
Job ID: 62-2022
Posting Status: Open
Closing Date: August 19, 2022 at 4:30pm EST
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume, external application for employment along with an up-to-date cover letter to our email Careers@bramlib.on.ca. You can also choose to drop the application in person or fax us at (905) 453-0810.
Candidates will participate in one or more panel interviews. All aspects of the recruitment and selection process including recruiting, interviewing, selection, promotions, compensation and development will be conducted in a fair, consistent and non-discriminatory manner.
The candidates whose profiles most closely matches the identified job requirements will be selected to proceed to the screening stage. Hiring for all new and vacant positions, transfers and promotions will be determined on the basis of education, experience, skills, knowledge, ability, and overall qualifications required to successfully meet the expectations of the position. Candidates who are successful during the screening stage will then be asked to participate in an interview(s) and other job related assessments. The successful candidate will receive a conditional offer of employment followed by an offer of employment based on successful completion of reference checks, and at your expense, a current Criminal Record Check, Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check, or a Vulnerable Sector Check acceptable for employment at the Library.
Reporting to the Manager, Programs and Outreach, coordinates the operation and development of all aspects of community outreach, engagement, and partnerships across the system to ensure alignment with the achievement of the organization’s vision, mission, values and strategic objectives and priorities. This position is responsible for developing, coordinating, collaborating to enhance the growth, innovation and integration of the library.
- Responsible for the coordination, operation and development of programs, services, and projects related to community outreach, engagement and partnerships across the system.
- Collaborates with a wide range of community organizations to create and develop partnerships to extend the Library's services, including drafting mutually beneficial expectations and agreements.
- Collaborates with staff and partners to develop and maintain system-wide outreach initiatives to bring the Library to underserved areas of the community to create new awareness.
- Coordinates activities of physical and virtual outreach to and engagement of underserved areas of the community.
- Coordinates and provides functional guidance to staff across the system involved in the development and implementation of identified target services. May participate in the selection of related staff.
- Participates in project planning and on system-wide teams as assigned; uses expertise in improvement initiatives and evaluation of processes and outcomes.
- Researches, prepares and submits recommendations, reports, statistics and budget requirements necessary to the planning of effective services.
- Maintains current awareness of trends and developments in the identified target service areas incorporating best practices in new program outputs.
- Provides system wide training in the identified target service areas as required.
- Prepares budget information for identified target service areas as assigned; monitors assigned budget areas on a system basis.
- Represents the Library in the identified target service area
THE IDEAL PROFILE
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited library program or equivalent combination of education and experience relevant to the target service area in areas such as Community Engagement and Development, Public Administration, Social Work (Community Engagement and Partnership).
- Demonstrated knowledge of services in the identified target service area with at least 5 years progressive experience in a library or similar setting in service delivery and operations for the identified target service area.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi task and coordinate service delivery, translating goals and objectives to tangible results and outcomes; demonstrated ability to assess the service requirements and collection needs of a multi-branch library system.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships and to work collaboratively and effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals; demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relevant engagement strategies aimed at connecting with diverse demographics and target audiences to enhance community wellbeing, inclusion and equity (civic participation?). Demonstrated ability to develop relevant engagement strategies aimed at connecting with various demographics and target audience and enhance civic participation that support strategic initiatives.
- Proven ability to generate, implement and evaluate creative ideas and solutions, plans, programs, and events that are relevant to the target service area.
- Excellent verbal/written and interpersonal skills; uses tact and diplomacy; effectively delivers consistent messages providing the right information at the right time to the right audience.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate excellent customer service across the Library.
- This position requires occasional travel, visiting multiple branch locations based on operational requirements, schedules and projects during the week including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Promotes awareness, understanding and compliance with the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA) Policy.
- Assists to identify and address any barriers to diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated level of integrity and confidentiality.
Ability to communicate in Hindi, Urdu and/or Punjabi orally and written will be considered an asset.
The opportunity to make a difference in the community! We also offer an attractive and competitive compensation package, Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension plan; Extended Health and Dental coverage, leave of absence benefits and an Employee Assistance Program.
THE NEXT STEPS
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please email your résumé, cover letter and application to our Human Resources Team, quoting reference #62-2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this role will be accepted up to 4:30pm EST on August 19, 2022.
The Brampton Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to employment equity and diversity, including an inclusive barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Brampton Library invites applications from all qualified individuals. The Library welcomes applications from racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Feel free to self-identify on your cover letter. Preference will be given to candidates from equity-deserving groups above.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please email email@example.com for any questions and concerns regarding application and accommodations. Any information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.