Community Social Worker
About Bethell Hospice
Bethell Hospice is a non-profit organization, located in the beautiful village of Inglewood, in the Town of Caledon, that provides exceptional and accessible hospice palliative care services to individuals and families facing life-limiting illnesses. Our person-centered approach to care fosters dignity, respect and comfort for our clients and their loved ones in the Caledon, Brampton, Dufferin County and West Woodbridge regions of Ontario. Bethell Hospice also provides community programs which include in-home palliative, bereavement and grief counselling for children and adults. At Bethell Hospice, our services and community programs are provided at no cost.
Our Mission and Values
Our mission is to support individuals and their families throughout a life-limiting illness by providing exemplary hospice palliative care. We are working towards a society that values quality of living and dying. We live our core values that show our caring and form the basis of all our decisions and actions including Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
Overall Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community Social Worker is responsible for providing direct client care for community clients and their families to ensure their psychological, emotional, physical and spiritual care needs are addressed in a professional and compassionate manner. The incumbent conducts a thorough assessment, and identifies and secures resources key to supporting the client’s care plan. The Social Worker generates referrals for services provide by Bethell Hospice, such as psychosocial spiritual care, and/or other community providers. The incumbent also supports community volunteers, providing guidance and training as needed. Rigorous case management is foundational to this position, utilizing technology for accurate record-keeping and sound judgment in adjusting care plans throughout the client journey.
Benefits of Becoming a Bethell Team Member
Our employees enjoy competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and a pension plan, in addition to working in a highly collaborative work environment filled with tremendous purpose.
Responsibilities and Primary Duties:
- Advocate for the needs, decisions and rights of clients and their families;
- In collaboration with clients and their families, assess care needs, determine eligibility for services, and develop individual care and service plans;
- Review care delivery and adjust according to changing needs through the course of illness and into bereavement;
- Engage in a collaborative process of decision making that involves the client, family and trans-disciplinary care team to establish relevant and feasible care plans;
- Evaluate clinical and program processes and outcomes to ensure that the needs of clients and families are clearly identified and responded to;
- Apply information gathered in assessments to assist clients and their families to make decisions appropriate for themselves;
- Assist clients and their families to obtain appropriate resources available at Bethell Hospice and with other agencies in the community;
- Collaborate with volunteers that work with clients;
- Participate in Community Rounds;
- Committed to ongoing learning and development of self and others;
- Assist in building hospice palliative care capacity in the community;
- Manage all supporting documentation including case notes and statistics, preparing analysis and reports of same
Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- Minimum of three to five years of recent work experience as a Social Worker
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Able to manage all elements of Social Work services;
- Advanced counseling skills demonstration for both clinical and sub-clinical issues across a wide variety of people groups;
- Able to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders;
- Strong written and oral skills;
- Comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences;
- Detail oriented, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to be professional and use sound judgment in all interactions;
- Competent in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment where s/he can be equally successful working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Able to exercise tact and discretion while handling confidential information;
- Problem-solving, negotiation and conflict management skills;
- Driver’s license
- Experienced in working successfully with a diverse client group.
- Expertise in providing palliative/bereavement counselling services
- Able to work effectively with community agencies to secure resources for clients
- Effective in utilizing case management software
- Experience providing services for community clients
- Fluency in languages in addition to English
Hours of Work:
- 37.5 hours per week with extra hours based on operational needs.
- Flexibility required in order to meet client needs/scheduling.
- Use of personal vehicle for work related travel as required; mileage reimbursement provided.
- Shared office space requires ability to focus in a distracting environment.
- Ability to work with moderate frequency of interruptions, both in person and by telephone.
- Location is rural with no public transportation.
Job duties maybe adjusted at the employer’s discretion in order to reflect changing business requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line: Community Social Worker
Bethell Hospice offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes, in accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are contacted by Bethell regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Social Worker - Permanent Full Time
Rainbow Valley Community Health Centre
Social Worker (MSW)
Pembroke Regional Hospital Inc
Parent Infant Therapist
Canadian Mothercraft Society
North of Superior Counselling Programs
case management social worker
Crossroads Employment Services