York is a leading international teaching and research university, and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, we are preparing our students for their long-term careers and personal success. Together, we can make things right for our communities, our planet and our future.
The purpose of the Counsellor is to help students realize, develop and fulfill their personal potential. This is achieved through the provision of direct service in the form of individual and group counselling, consulation to faculty and staff, and outreach activities.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will bring the following:
- Graduate degree in Counselling and/or Clinical Psychology and/or Social Work.
- Please note: This position requires the candidate to produce a verification of degree(s), credential(s) or equivalencies from accredited institutions and/or international equivalents at the time of interview.
- Several years demonstrated clinical and counselling effectiveness in a post-secondary counseling service or social agency.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Fluency in English and French
- Well developed knowledge of the principles of human psychology and the processes that lead to change and personal development; proven ability to apply this expertise and knowledge in the provision of a variety of counselling services; demonstrated skills in training and facilitation and evaluation of interpersonal communications in groups; knowledge of community resources; a demonstrated ability to work with an increasingly diverse student population
For full position details, including skills and knowledge requirements, and to apply to this exciting opportunity visit the External Career Portal (www.yorku.ca/jobs) and refer to posting 105818
We offer comprehensive benefits and access to superb educational and recreational facilities. For more information on what York has to offer U please visit: http://hr.info.yorku.ca/benefits/