The DBT Clinic is seeking a Clinical Associate to join our team. We are committed to helping clients build lives worth living through competent, compassionate, and evidence-supported treatment.
The DBT Clinic (www.thedbtclinic.ca) is a quickly-growing practice with a team of 7 clinicians and full-time administrative support. We provide comprehensive DBT programs for adults and adolescents. Our team is led by Dr. Andrew Spice, C. Psych., who has been leading successful DBT programs in Ontario for the last 10 years and is one of just a few Canadian DBT-Linehan Board of Certification Certified Clinicians (TM). We offer the opportunity to join a cohesive, supportive team within the context of a well-established adherent DBT program. We are strongly committed to Anti-Racist/Anti-Oppressive clinical practice.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as subsequent preferences among many clients and practitioners to continue with online therapy, all services are provided remotely via an online video platform. The candidate for this position would work remotely from a secure and confidential location of their choice, but must be registered to practice in Ontario. In-person services may resume in the future, with the parameters thoroughly discussed with the candidate beforehand to encourage optimal work-life balance. Our team provides frequent opportunities for staff to gather in person to maintain our strong cohesion, support, and morale.
The ideal candidate for this position has prior training and experience with DBT, as well as a strong personal commitment to this work. We provide access to steady referrals as well as consultation and supervision as needed.
Details of the Position:
- Contract associate position
- Full-time (~18 clinical hours per week) or part-time (minimum 6 clinical hours per week)
- Health and dental plan for full-time associates
- Full-time administrative support
- Opportunities to treat adult and/or adolescent clients
- Competitive pay
- Flexible hours
- Access to consultation and supervision as needed
- Weekly therapist consultation team
- Opportunities to facilitate DBT Skills Training Groups and provide individual DBT sessions
- Support for continuing education opportunities
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- MSW or equivalent (BSW-level candidates with strong training and experience will be considered)
- Formal DBT training (e.g., intensively trained by Behavioural Tech, certification through CAMH/the Oshawa Institute) OR experience in providing adherent, comprehensive DBT to adults and/or adolescents including individual therapy, phone coaching, and facilitation of DBT skills training groups as part of a DBT team
- Must be available to participate in weekly DBT consultation team Mondays from 10:30a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Strong commitment to Anti-Racist/Anti-Oppressive clinical practice
- Must carry own individual liability insurance
- Competence to work with both adults and adolescents is considered an asset
- Candidates with a background in CBT, mindfulness-based treatments, and behavioural interventions will be considered
Please address applications (Letter of Interest and CV) to Dr. Andrew Spice, C. Psych. - Founder, at email@example.com.