Family & Child Therapist
We at the Phoenix Centre for Children and Families invite you to join our dynamic and innovative agency. We are a children’s mental health centre with high accreditation achievement. Our aspiration is to help children and families obtain optimal fulfilling lives in their best mental health wellness. We know that to achieve this we need to encourage and elevate our staff. We are an agency that is well known for our highly supportive working environment.
We believe strongly in the importance of welcoming new clinicians to reach quickly and comprehensively their highest professional goals. As such, we provide our new staff with excellent orientation and administrative support, a mentoring program, consistent supervision by experienced clinical managers, consultation with knowledgeable colleagues, and other professionals in the field such as psychiatrists from CHEO and Toronto Sick Kids. We also provide our new staff with leading professional development and encourage our present staff to continually update in the most current best practice modalities. Our latest initiative is to excel in the well-researched area of brief therapy. We also provide longer term therapy for our children and families who need more especially in the areas of trauma and attachment in which we have outstanding specialty teams.
Our agency is located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley, an oasis of environmental natural beauty but, also close proximity to Ottawa, with all the urban benefits that our Nation’s capital offers.
Family & Child Therapist Position Key Responsibilities:
- To case manage and provide mental health support for children and families from birth up to eighteen years.
- To co-facilitate evidence based groups that support families.
- To work collaboratively with families to co-create meaningful assessment, treatment plans and closures.
- To provide crisis interventions as needed.
• BSW, MSW, MEd or MA with registration or eligible for registration in appropriate regulatory college
• Minimum two years’ experience working with families and children preferred
• Bilingualism a definite asset
• Familiarity with a range of evidence based treatment modalities and approaches