Social Workers with Concurrent Disorders or Trauma experience
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Social Worker with Concurrent Disorders or Trauma experience, you will be involved in the assessment, treatment, and aftercare planning to support patients in their recovery process. This includes facilitating psychoeducational sessions and process groups for individuals struggling with substance use disorders, concurrent disorders and special populations that include emerging adults, health care professionals and first-responders, military and veterans. This work necessitates the ability to practice the controlled act of psychotherapy and as such requires registration in a regulatory college. The Addiction Medicine Program offers abstinence-based treatment.
Relocation assistance is available.
In all of these positions, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you'll be doing
In addition to the above, you will
• Deliver group therapy, individual therapy and crisis intervention
• Provide the opportunity for skills development in a safe environment to experience new behaviours
• Document treatment and ongoing progress while supporting individual skills development
• Provide appropriate, empathetic, non-judgmental and respectful care
• Collect assessment data, plan, implement and evaluate the needs of assigned caseload and review the client’s history, diagnosis, coping patterns, level of function, including physical, medical and cognitive deficits
• Depending on the actual role, competence in best-practice treatment modalities including a combination of Motivational Interviewing (MI), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Processing Therapy, Stage-Matched Intervention, Trauma-Informed approaches and/or Solution-focused Brief Therapy is required
Hours of work: 35 hours a week, one evening shift per week (12-8) and approximately one Saturday shift per month (8-4) on a rotational basis, dependent on the program you work in.
Positions Available: Permanent Full-time, Contract Full-time, Permanent Part-time
What we're looking for
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a recognized Social Science program with addiction specific education
• Must be a member in good standing with the relevant regulatory college/governing body in Ontario either OCSWSSW or CRPO is mandatory
• Experience in group and individual counselling
• Experience coordinating client care with other service providers
• Demonstrated experience in concurrent disorders
• Ability to work independently; skills in presenting to groups; ability to work within an interdisciplinary team; excellent time management and organizational skills
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.
More search results
Assistant Coordinator of Mental Health
York Region District School Board
Mental Health Addictions Counsellor
De dwa da dehys nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre
Superviseur.e des services sociaux
Conseil scolaire public du Nord-Est de l'Ontario
Family & Child Therapist
The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families
Clinical Social Worker , MSW- Mental Health Psych…
Dr. Kaffko & Associates