Social Worker II - Maternal, Newborn and Child (Eating Disorder)
The MNC department is currently seeking a permanent full time Clinician to work in our Eating Disorder Community Based Outpatient Program at the Michael Garron Hospital part of the Toronto East Health Network. This position is responsible for providing family based therapy (FBT) to patients and families recovering from an eating disorder. The clinician works with the patient and family to support health, wellness and recovery. Treatment will focus on the delivery of high-quality evidence-based models that ensure care optimizes patients’ recovery while supporting their families. Responsibilities include taking a leadership role in the development and implementation of a care plan in collaboration with the patient/family and other health care team members. You will maintain clinical competence and knowledge through continued education and life-long learning. You have superior communication and interpersonal skills and can readily connect with physician, staff, patients, community providers, other hospitals and families. You display a high degree of professionalism, with the ability to work independently, in small groups, and in a team environment. You demonstrate strong problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills. You will be able to work with families from diverse populations and embrace diversity. You will have a sound knowledge of eating disorders and experience providing family based therapy. You must be able to participate in research and be capable of providing supervision to students in this field.
- Master of Social Work, Nursing, Psychology or equivalent.
- Membership in good standing.
- Current 2 years’ experience with children, youth and families in the area of day treatment, outpatient therapy.
- Eating Disorders specific experience an asset.
- Broad experience in an acute psychiatric setting, preferred.
- Experience in the delivery of evidence-based family therapies such as FBT and experience with Enhanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT-E), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT), and/or Motivational (MI/ME) therapies will be considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated family centered philosophy of care provision.
- Demonstrated ability to welcome change and manage it innovatively.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Toronto East Health Network - Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to Toronto East Health Network's policies and practices.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
More search results
Assistant Coordinator of Mental Health
York Region District School Board
Mental Health Addictions Counsellor
De dwa da dehys nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre
Superviseur.e des services sociaux
Conseil scolaire public du Nord-Est de l'Ontario
Family & Child Therapist
The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families
Social Workers with Concurrent Disorders or Traum…