Looking for more?
At VHA Home HealthCare, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of Social Workers.
We are seeking a:
Social Worker Part-Time - (Independent Contractor)
Central HCCSS Team—York Region Areas include: Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Woodbridge and Concord
To provide consultation, assessment and planned interventions for VHA Rehab Solutions clients.
Assesses psychosocial needs of clients and their families to identify factors which may affect the client’s response to illness, need for care and ability to adjust and/or cope with the current situation
- Counsels clients and their family members concerning identified problems which may interfere with their treatment, rehabilitation or care plan.
- Counsels clients and their family members concerning long range planning, including evaluation of the home situation relative to long term care, assists the family to develop an in-home care system, or explores alternatives to in-home care and assists in arranging placement where indicated
- Provides short-term therapy to clients and family members
- Provides crisis intervention or problem solving associated with high risk indicators endangering clients’ and their dependents’ mental and physical health.
- Attends client related meetings to report on assessment findings and discuss plans for interventions, progress reports and discharge as required.
- Ensures coordinated delivery of care through ongoing communication with all members of the client’s team regarding plans and schedules for interventions.
- Documents all assessment findings, treatment plans, progress and discharge summaries of interventions as required by the profession, referral source and the agency.
- In collaboration with the client, identifies the need for and assists in planning and arranging community resources as required and wanted by the client.
- Ensures that services provided are best practice, evidence based and evaluated through the routine use of valid and reliable outcome measurement.
- Adheres to the code of ethics of the profession, in maintaining standards of practice for the profession as defined by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Prepares statistical records of client care and related activities as required by VHA, the Ministry of Health, and other agencies.
- Master of Social Work Degree from a recognized university.
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- At least two (2) year’s clinical experience, preferably in the community, is preferred.
- Specialized courses to support areas of clinical expertise.
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for over 90 years. With over 3000 health care professionals serving clients in seven Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS), VHA’s client-centered, community-based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
PLEASE NOTE: To protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and their families and in the interest to follow strong public health measures, it is a requirement of employment at VHA Home Healthcare to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A fully vaccinated person means you have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, at least 14 days prior to your start date and you will need to provide proof by submitting a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose Administration Receipts or government vaccination passport. VHA Home HealthCare will consider cases needing accommodation as stipulated by the Ontario Human Rights Code. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received and will only be contacting those selected for further discussion.
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VHA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment.
If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance.
Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada.
An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designate and; A founding member agency of United Way Toronto.
More search results
Assistant Coordinator of Mental Health
York Region District School Board
Mental Health Addictions Counsellor
De dwa da dehys nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre
Superviseur.e des services sociaux
Conseil scolaire public du Nord-Est de l'Ontario
Family & Child Therapist
The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families
Social Workers with Concurrent Disorders or Traum…