Manager, Client Care & Operations - Community Support Program
At VHA Home HealthCare, we care about each other as much as our clients.
Founded in 1925, VHA is a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of over 3,000 diverse professionals - nurses, personal support workers, rehab therapists, home support workers, and more. Together we provide high quality care with great heart to vulnerable populations in the communities we serve. In every role and at every level, we lead with purpose, build bonds that matter, and we’re passionate about providing spectacular care.
We are seeking a: Manager, Client Care & Operations–Community Support Programs
The purpose of the Manager, Client Care and Operations role is to ensure the delivery of high quality programs and services. Areas of focus include client experience, staff and provider experience, clinical oversight, quality/performance indicators, and training and development, within budgetary guidelines established in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Community Supports and Integrated Client and Community Care VP. This role includes monitoring operations relating to all aspects of service and program delivery, human resources and ensures that all activities are conducted within VHA’s policies, procedures and standards of confidentiality. This role also acts as liaison between VHA, it’s funders and the community, and functions as a member of VHA’s management team.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours Required for This Position:
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- A Master’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in social services/healthcare field, MSW preferred.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Home and Community Care Support Services operations.
- Demonstrated experience supporting individuals with mental health and/or substance use issues from a recovery trauma informed and harm reduction approach.
- Exposure working with individuals with problematic hoarding and marginalized, vulnerable client populations an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of community programs and resources.
- Budget planning and management for the health and community care sector.
- Knowledge of homelessness prevention, housing support, and Housing First principles.
- Experience with grant and proposal writing and planning and implementation of awarded grants.
- Strong team building and staff development capabilities.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
To protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and their families and in the interest to follow strong public health measures, it is a requirement of employment at VHA Home Healthcare to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A fully vaccinated person means you have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, at least 14 days prior to your start date and you will need to provide proof by submitting a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose Administration Receipts or government vaccination passport. VHA Home HealthCare will consider cases needing accommodation as stipulated by the Ontario Human Rights Code. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
How to Apply
Our online application should take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion.