Clinical Social Worker , MSW- Mental Health Psychotherapist
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, highly skilled therapist in individual, couple and family therapy, to join our private practice as a contract associate.
This is a PART TIME psychotherapist position of 2 – 3 days per week. More days may be added to the position as time goes on. At least 1 weekend day plus 1-2 weekday evening hours are required. Our beautiful offices are located in Mid-town Toronto, however, due to COVID-19, we have moved to a Virtual On-Line Practice
WHAT DR. KAFFKO & ASSOCIATES OFFERS:
We offer a collaborative psychotherapy private practice, bringing together extensive, specialized clinical experience in a broad spectrum of emotional, behavioral, and family mental health problems and disorders.
We see INDIVIDUALS of all ages experiencing a range of mental health concerns, such as:
-ANXIETY, -DEPRESSION, -TRAUMA, -LOSS & GRIEF , -LOW SELF-ESTEEM, -STRESS FROM WORK/LIFE BALANCE, and -LGBTQ+ Issues, struggling with positive self-identification, integration, acceptance & queer couples’ issues
We see COUPLES to help partners better understand themselves & each other, creating a safe environment to explore issues such as trust, value differences, communication styles, sexual relationship, co-parenting. We also offer:
-FERTILITY COUNSELLING, addressing the physical, emotional & psychological toll fertility treatment takes on the individuals & the couple’s relationship.
-SEX THERAPY, helping couples resolve sexual difficulties, such as performance anxiety or relationship problems.
-SEPARATION COUNSELLING as a means for moving on from the relationship, closure towards letting go & separating.
-FAMILY MEDIATION focusing on the difficult, often highly conflict laden decisions made by parents who are hurting. Helping create co-parenting agreements.
We see CHILDREN, ADOLESCENTS & FAMILIES who face struggles with school, peers, family relationships & life in general. Parents, who may find themselves in the Sandwich Generation, between the large needs of their children, the co-parenting conflicts & the increasing dependency of their elderly parents, often benefit from family therapy.
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM:
- Clinical Supervision & Consultation
- On-going Video Consultations
- Flexibility in schedule, option to work remotely &/or in person (when safe to do so)
- Excellent compensation
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Strong clinical Experience & Expertise in psycho-social assessment and treatment of individual clients of all ages, with a range of psychological problems; including anxiety disorders, depression, interpersonal difficulties, grief/loss and trauma.
- Excellent skills in providing evidence-based, processed-oriented psychodynamic and emotionally focused models of therapy for both short & long term treatment plans.
- Proven training & experience in CBT & other cognitive therapies, Couple & Family therapies.
- Advanced experience & training working with children & adolescents (and their families) with unique & complex needs.
- Demonstrated experience working with couples similar to the couples who come to our clinic for Couple Enrichment, Conflict Resolution, Communication-Systemic problems in the family, Separation Counselling or Family Mediation.
- It is an asset, if the candidate has training in Mindfulness Meditation
- It is an asset, if the candidate has training in Sex Therapy
- It is an asset, if the candidate has training in Family Mediation
- Exceptional verbal & writing abilities & can effectively work in a telehealth/virtual care delivery mode.
- Empathetic, patient, motivating & excel at fostering a trusting relationship with your clients.
- Ability to write professional clinical reports & letters.
- Demonstrated commitment to own professional development & ongoing education.
- Proof of Malpractice Liability Insurance required
- Master's degree in Social Work (M.S.W.) or Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology (M.A.)
- (Current member in good standing) Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers (OCSWSSW) or the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO) is mandatory
- For Psychological Associates or Psychologists, Registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario to work with children, adolescents and adults of all ages.
- Knowledge and competency in maintaining confidentiality of client information according to FIPPA and PHIPA legislation
- 5 years or more in practical and clinical counselling experience in the assessment and provision of appropriate psychotherapeutic intervention, with individuals, couples & families, with a variety of conditions that impact overall functional abilities.
- Ability to work over the phone and web-based video-conferencing, Knowledgeable use of Virtual Counselling software.
- Please submit a resume & cover letter describing your goals for your career, strengths regarding the client group you most like working with, professional interests & approaches to treatments.
- All new hires will be required to obtain a Police Records Check as a pre-condition of employment
- We appreciate all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Please send all correspondents to : Dr. Karen Kaffko