Hybrid work model - Throughout the Niagara Region - Niagara Falls, St. Catharines and Thorold
$40, 000 – $50,000
1 - Part-time Newcomer Youth Employment Coach for students
3 - Part-time (Arabic, Cantonese, and Spanish Speaking) ACE (Accelerated Career Exploration) Coach working with Internationally Trained Professionals
2 - Full-time Newcomer Youth Employment Coach through the Youth Employment Skill Strategy Fund
1 - Full-time Employment Coach supporting employers in hiring Women, Youth and Newcomers
NATURE & SCOPE
The Employment Coach is a member of the Employment and Immigrant Services team and will work collaboratively with team members, clients, and external partners to meet the established targets of their specific assigned program.
Why Work for the YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA of Niagara aspires to be a great workplace, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values – caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, and responsibility - the YMCA provides our employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through growth opportunities and great benefits, and the knowledge that their day-to-day actions have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the people of Niagara.
- Conducts full needs assessment to place clients in the appropriate program
- Conducts and participates in client intake interviews
- Collaborates with outside agencies and other community groups to meet program targets
- Assists clients facing barriers to employment access services and resources required for life stabilization and employment success
- Provide career assessment and career guidance
- Provides complex information to clients in a clear, concise manner; answers questions and provides information around occupational, educational, and financial assistance programs available to them
- Measures client and employer satisfaction rates through facilitating surveys
- Represents the YMCA at various internal and external meetings involving client case conferencing, professional development, community engagement and program improvement
- Works with client to facilitate links to employers/agencies for paid and/or unpaid work experience
- Attains all Operational target measures as outlined in funding agreement to ensure long term sustainability of the employment program they are working within. See attached details
- Completes required components in the relevant government management system and in other tracking methods as selected by the YMCA
- Participates in, and assists with supervision and delivery of job fairs and employer sessions with Coordinators
- Assists with the development and delivery of various employment-based workshops
- Research labour market information, skills demands and other client inquiries; maintains up to date knowledge on services, resources and policies/processes relevant to their program
- Maintains accurate records and statistics related to case management and outcomes achieved
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- Other duties as required
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent in Social Sciences, Adult Education or another related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience counselling and facilitating
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience working with a diverse/ multicultural group of individuals
- Experience with and knowledge of community resources throughout the Niagara Region
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current Criminal Reference Check with VSS issued to the YMCA of Niagara
- Valid G driver’s license and access to vehicle full time
The ability to lead, manage and achieve identified goals
Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring a richness to the YMCA.
Planning and Organizing
Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short- and long-term goals
Relationship Building and Collaboration
Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
Coaching and Development
Commits to assisting participants, volunteers and self in continuous learning and development
Ensures that YMCA programs and services are superior
Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA.
Achieves planned results through personal initiative within the Association’s guidelines and policies
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by April 29, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Internal applicants are encouraged to notify their supervisor before applying.
All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted by email. Please note that interviews may take place virtually due to COVID-19. In-person interviews will adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request.
For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org
More search results
Assistant Coordinator of Mental Health
York Region District School Board
Mental Health Addictions Counsellor
De dwa da dehys nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre
Superviseur.e des services sociaux
Conseil scolaire public du Nord-Est de l'Ontario
Family & Child Therapist
The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families
Social Workers with Concurrent Disorders or Traum…