Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Hours: 35 hours per week, Tuesdays to Saturdays (day and evening shifts)
Salary: $59,775 to $70,042 annually (M8), plus comprehensive benefits
Location: 150 Elizabeth Street, Downtown Toronto
Application Deadline: Monday, May 27, 2019
JOIN OUR TEAM
The Associate Manager will support the Manager of Elm and supervise a team of Front Desk Support Workers staff. The Associate Manager will maintain a safe and inclusive community of tenants in a 300-unit permanent housing complex for 3 different resident groups; 165 affordable rental units, 50 units for indigenous women and their families (including 10 women-led families fleeing violence) and 85 units for women with mental health or concurrent mental health and substance use challenges. As part of the Management Team, you will contribute to the overall development and achievements of the Association consistent with the mission statement and strategic plan.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO
YWCA Toronto is dedicated to improving the lives of women and girls. We help women and girls flee violence, secure housing, find jobs, establish their voices, enhance skills and develop confidence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ and family programs. We also engage in systemic advocacy.
- Supervises the Front Desk Support Workers team with a focus on supporting tenants and ensure safety and security in an integrated community. Facilitates and coordinates the work of all program partners; Jean Tweed Centre and YWCA Toronto Housing Administration and Property Services, to ensure that case management, community engagement, and tenant support, work together to create a safe and supportive community for all tenants with both a health and social engagement framework;
- Provides crisis prevention, intervention and counseling using harm reduction principles, for women and children experiencing mental health/substance/abuse issues;
- Coordinates documentation required for legal proceedings in accordance with the Eviction Prevention Procedures and collaborates with Managers to ensure tenants and YWCA Toronto meet their obligations under the Residential Tenancies Act
- Prepares the budget and reports for the Front Desk Support Worker staff for funders and maintains financial records in accordance with the Ministry of Health and Long Term care and other program funders and policies, procedures and practices of the YWCA Toronto;
- Ensures that all program facilities conform to the standards set out by funding agreements and government legislation.
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or other relevant discipline with three to five years directly related experience working in a permanent supportive housing environment providing support to women living with experiences of precarious housing, poverty, violence/trauma, and concurrent diagnosis;
- In-depth knowledge of concepts, theories and practices related to a regulated Mental Health or Health service delivery field, violence against women programs and girls and family support initiatives and related management issues working with a diverse client group is essential;
- Excellent conflict resolution, crisis intervention/prevention, counselling and coaching skills and knowledge and understanding of harm reduction approaches as a holistic framework;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong service delivery partnerships, community engagement strategies and foster inter-program relationships fostering leadership and capacity building strategies in teams;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and leadership skills, including problem solving and time management within a diverse, unionized environment;
- Working knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act, Landlord and Tenant Board, Housing Services Act and working knowledge of the legislation that includes the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Mental Health Act and the Child and Family Services Act.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé by Monday, May 27, 2019 to: Danielle Nakouz, Manager of Elm Housing and Support Program at email@example.com. Please quote JOB ID number ELM0175 and your name in the subject line.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is not within the Bargaining Unit. For internal applicants, this position is not secondable.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace
Posting Date: May 21, 2019
More search results
Manager of the Mental Health Service / Chef en sa…
Conseil scolaire de district catholique de l'Est ontarien
Registered Social Worker
The Charles H. Best Diabetes Centre
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
Independent Private Practice Therapist
Layla Care Inc.
Craigwood Children, Youth & Family Services