- Kinark Child and Family Services
- Oakville, ON
- Hourly Pay Levels: 37.07-39.13-41.16
- Job Category
- Social Work
- Job Type
Kinark Child and Family Services is a leading child and youth service organization in Ontario on a mission to become an employer of choice. We provide a wide range of evidence-based services that include individual, family and group counselling for children and youth with complex needs and their families. Kinark’s three program streams include: Community-Based Child and Youth Mental Health, Autism and Forensic Mental Health.
Are you interested in working for a leading organization helping children and youth with complex needs?
Come join our team!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, comprehensive health and dental benefits, and other employment perks
- Flexible work arrangement supporting employee work life balance
- Employer Matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan up to 6%
- Employee Wellness Program
- Extensive Educational and Training Opportunities and Supports
- Supportive work environment with regular Supervision and Feedback
- Renowned Accredited Clinical Programs
We currently have an opportunity for:
Position Title: Social Worker
Program Lists: Kinark Child & Family Services -> Syl Apps Youth Centre
Location: Oakville, ON L6H 1M3 CA (Primary)
Start Date: March 7, 2022
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Total # of hours per week: 35
Salary: 37.07 39.13 41.16
# of Positions: 1
Close Date: February 21, 2022
As a Social Worker, you will provide individual, family and group therapy to adolescents with complex mental health needs and high risk behaviour. Other responsibilities include, case management, liaising with community agencies, (i.e. school, police, probation services), and working as part of an interprofessional team. This position is covered by Ontario Public Service Employees Union and its Local 213.
- Minimum Master of Social Work degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ related work experience in a children’s mental health setting.
- Current member in good standing with Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- You will have demonstrated individual, family and group therapy skills acquired through your related work experience. You will also have extensive experience working with residential treatment teams, preferably with an adolescent population.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices in working with adolescents with serious mental health issues, including violent and aggressive behavior is required.
- Strong clinical skills and excellent case management abilities.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and gender responsive program experience would be considered assets.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Candidates Bilingual in English and French will be given special consideration.
Kinark Child and Family Services conditions of employment include but are not limited to successful Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, completed Pre-Employment Medical certificate, and proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received all required doses of a World Health Organization Approved COVID-19 Vaccine at least one of which being approved for use in Canada and 14 days have passed since your last dose. Proof of vaccination for each vaccine dose received is required.
Kinark Child and Family Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 474-9595.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.