We are seeking a full time (1.0 FTE) Social Worker that is a leader and change agent for this new model of care. We are a growing clinic and the environment is one of dynamic change. Our team members must have a willingness to face challenges as they arise, productively resolve conflicts and provide creative solutions that enable us to continue our commitment to our vision of “Improving Health Together”.
We are looking for a Social Worker to bring leadership and promote customer service first and works with the team to enhance access to care.
It is important for us to covey that we are looking for a Social Worker who is prepared to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the clinic and the community.
We are also looking for a Social Worker who is willing to think outside the box to get support to our patients, whether its thought group virtual programing or other ideas.
Our Social Worker participates fully in continuous quality improvement, self-improvement, team development, community development, health links and fostering community partnerships. Lifelong learning is expected and supported.
Ideally, the Social Worker has the following expertise:
- Completing psychosocial assessments and developing treatment plans in consultation with clients and significant others
- Providing individual, family and group counselling
- Facilitating linkages with appropriate services, supports and community resources and knowledge of the services and programs in our catchment area
- Treatment protocols for common mental health issues
- Care of children and youth;
- Addictions and trauma;
- Ability to support clients and clinicians to achieve goals;
- Navigates the health care system with the client and the team and as such, will be knowledgeable about services and programs in our catchment area;
- Utilizes a variety of evidence-based treatment methodologies to provide social work service to individuals and families across the lifespan;
- Development and delivery of client-centred programs;
- Ability to keep the inter-professional team informed of current best practices in mental health and take the lead in promoting increased skills of team in managing mental health issues
- Collaboration with management and the team to plan, implement and evaluate social work services within various program areas
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Application of the standards of practice and ethics in day to day work
- Knowledgeable in regard to legislation as it applies to children, families and individuals in their care.
The Social Worker has graduated from a recognized University program. Master’s preparation is required. He/she is registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers and is in good standing with the College. Three-five years' experience in a team-based model of care is preferred. Computer skills are essential. Current immunization, Accessibility Training, WHMIS and Mask Fit testing are required and supported by the employer if not in place. Vulnerable sector police clearance is required. Current Ontario Driver's Licence with insurance for business travel is required. Additional certification is an asset.
The Huronia NPLC is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. Applicants contacted regarding employment opportunities will be asked to advise the Administrative Lead of any accommodation measures that may be required during the selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
- Salary: $74148.00 annually
- Vacation based on experience/education.
- HOOPP Pension Plan included.
- 35 hours per week
More search results
Mental Health Addictions Counsellor
De dwa da dehys nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre
Superviseur.e des services sociaux
Conseil scolaire public du Nord-Est de l'Ontario
Clinical Social Worker , MSW- Mental Health Psych…
Dr. Kaffko & Associates
Social Worker/Psychotherapist – School Success Pr…
Couchiching Family Health Team
Therapist - Child and Youth Mental Health Team
Carea Community Health Centre