Mental Health Therapist
MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST
Family Health Teams (FHT’s) use a patient-centered approach to primary health care that brings together physicians and other health-care professionals to co-ordinate the highest possible quality of care for patients – when they need it, as close to home as possible. FHTs are a key component of Ontario’s health-care plan to reduce wait times, improve access to doctors and nurses, and keep Ontarians healthy.
The Dufferin Area Family Health Team is currently seeking a full-time Mental Health Therapist (37.5 hrs) to join our dynamic, innovative, compassionate team dedicated to supporting, empowering, and collaborating with patients for improved health and well-being. This position will be in Dufferin County, including Shelburne and/or Orangeville.
Are you …
- Looking for an opportunity to develop professionally in a progressive, collaborative, and highly engaged multi-disciplinary health team
- Proficient in providing psychotherapy with youth (16+) and adults for a variety of situational, family, or mood related concerns
- Knowledgeable about mental health, trauma-informed care, risk assessment, crisis intervention, and addiction/substance use
- Trained in evidence-based psychotherapy approaches, such as CBT, DBT, Narrative, IPT, EFT, MBCT
- Creative, innovative, and experienced in co-facilitating groups or psychoeducation workshops
- Flexible, dedicated to working collaboratively, and committed to a strength-based perspective
- Respectful of diversity, including race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, and gender identity
If so, we are looking for a future colleague who has …
- MSW, MA or MEd (Counselling Psychology) and 3+ years providing psychotherapy in community or healthcare services (Required)
- Membership in good standing with OCSWSSW or CRPO
- Strong engagement, assessment, and psychotherapy/counselling skills
- Experience in risk assessment/response, crisis intervention, and verbal diffusion
- Knowledge of local mental health and community services, the Mental Health Act, and PHIPPA
- Proof of Covid 19 immunization and Criminal Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening
Why join the DAFHT?
- HOOPP Pension Plan
- Extended health care benefits including health, dental, vision & critical Illness insurance
- Support for continuing education and professional membership fees
- Organizational commitment to work-life balance, including flexible work hours
- Excellent team/organizational environment
- Mileage compensation
- Salary is commensurate with the Ministry of Health compensation grid
Come join our team - as together we aim to provide quality health care in a great community!
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter and your resume by February 11, 2022
More search results
Mental Health Therapist
Minto-Mapleton Family Health Team
Master of social work position
PsyVitaliti / PsyMontreal
Social Worker/Psychotherapist – School Success Pr…
Couchiching Family Health Team
Age-Wise Solutions Inc.
Therapist - Child and Youth Mental Health Team
Carea Community Health Centre