Anti-Human Trafficking Trauma Therapist or Counsellor Child, Youth & Family Program
Cedar Centre is seeking a highly skilled Trauma Therapist or Counsellor who is Indigenous to work in our Child, Youth & Family Program.
We recognize the over-representation of Indigenous peoples in the population of children and youth who are at risk of, or who have experienced human trafficking.
In order to provide the best possible response to the children and youth that will be served by this program, the Centre wishes to reserve the hire of an Indigenous Person for this position.
Please note that individuals who choose not to disclose their racialized identities or intersecting identities will not be disqualified from our interview process, nor will they be guaranteed an interview as a result of their disclosure.
- Provide virtual and community-based trauma focused therapy or counselling for children and youth (up to the age of 18) who are at risk of or have experienced human trafficking and their supportive caregivers
- Maintain smooth and efficient delivery of service within the policies and practices of the organization
- Administer trauma-related measurement tools and assessments
- Develop and implement individualized service plans
- Provide individual trauma focused therapy or counselling for children and youth (up to the age of 18) and their supportive caregivers
- Ensure that all documentation of client-related information is maintained in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for participating in the intake and referral process
- Provide ongoing consultation and support to the Program’s clinical team and to other community agencies, as necessary
- Participate in weekly supervision meetings
- Monthly preparation and reporting of Program metrics
- Attend professional development and training activities
- Maintain an active liaison with referring agencies on a case-by-case basis
- Other duties as required
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of human trafficking and other interpersonal childhood traumas
- Demonstrated skills in client assessment, direct intervention, planning and coordination
- Practices using a Tri-Phasic Model of Trauma Recovery
- Trauma-Focused CBT, DBT, ACT, Sensory Experiencing and EMDR certification are an asset
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with diverse populations and community agencies
- Responsible for demonstrating and practicing from an Anti-Racist/Anti-Oppressive perspective
- Current registration with a recognized College is an asset
- Although preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s level degree in social work, mental health or a related field we will also consider individuals with a university degree or college diploma in a social science or health discipline with equivalent work experience and/or lived experience
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and independently in a clinical setting
- Capacity to work virtually from a home office as well as in community
- Valid G Driver’s License
- Some flexibility to work evenings and weekend hours
Accountability: This Contract Employment position will report directly to the Child,
Youth and Family Program Coordinator and ultimately to the Clinical Director.
Please send your covering letter and curriculum vitae to Claire Shave at email@example.com on or before Monday, February 21, 2022.
35 hrs. per week
As an employer, Cedar Centre is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities that we serve. We strongly encourage applicants who identify as Indigenous, Francophone, Immigrants and Refugees, Women of Colour, LGBTTTQQI individuals, people with Dis/abilities, or members of any equity seeking group to apply for this position.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Assistant Coordinator of Mental Health
York Region District School Board
Mental Health Addictions Counsellor
De dwa da dehys nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre
Superviseur.e des services sociaux
Conseil scolaire public du Nord-Est de l'Ontario
Family & Child Therapist
The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families
Social Workers with Concurrent Disorders or Traum…