Social Worker (MSW), Red Fish Healing Centre for Mental Health & Addiction - BC Mental He...
Social Worker (MSW) – Temporary Full Time & Casual Opportunities
Red Fish Healing Centre for Mental Health & Addiction, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Red Fish Healing Centre for Mental Health and Addiction, is a leading-edge facility that treats people with the most complex mental health and addictions challenges in B.C. Located on the historic Riverview Lands in Coquitlam, the virtually-enabled,105-bed facility will welcome its first patients in the fall of 2021. The Red Fish Healing Centre is purpose-built for mental illness and addiction treatment, with therapeutic design elements that go hand-in-hand with a new, evidence-based model of care that represents decades of experience, expertise and research. Red Fish is replacing The Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction. Both are operated by BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, which is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority. Learn more about Our Promise at Red Fish in this video. https://youtu.be/f0BMm4pc45c
What you’ll do
- Conduct comprehensive psycho-social assessments by methods such as interviewing the client and/or family, obtaining relevant information, gathering social data regarding the client’s family, environment, living situation, and financial status, and interpreting the data to therapeutically impact the client's and family's coping abilities and intervenes in cases of complex social-emotional or family issues.
- Collaborate with designated care management personnel to facilitate the management of cases with complex discharge needs. Receives referrals from care management personnel and other members of the interdisciplinary team to assist patients/families with complex emotional or social presentations, as well as facilitate care through the continuum.
- Provide individual, family and group counselling services by methods such as exploring emotional responses to illness/injury in order to identify problems, personal concerns and treatment objectives and to facilitate change in coping style, behaviour, attitude, feelings and adaptive responses to an adverse life event. Refer to community services for follow-up as necessary.
- Attend clinical/case conferences as a member of an interdisciplinary team for client reviews, admissions, and discharges by methods such as providing input from a social work perspective on a variety of care issues related to the client, and to ensure proper and effective treatment of the client.
- Provide consultative and direct services to clients, families, staff and community health professionals regarding issues such as adult guardianship, advanced directives, domestic violence, abuse or neglect, immigration, housing, financial concerns, or matters concerning government agencies (public trustee) and authorities (courts, police).
- Prepare and maintain client records by methods such as documenting client assessments, interventions, evaluations, modifications and client goals, charting client information, preparing progress notes and reports in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures, to meet regulatory requirements, and provide evidence and rationale that support findings and intervention plan.
- Develop research proposals and conducts approved social work interdisciplinary research and special projects, in collaboration with relevant personnel, through methods such as identifying current trends/gaps in the literature, writing research proposals/grant applications, developing and monitoring budgets, following through with research methodology and disseminating research findings. Ensures clinical practices and protocols are consistent with current research findings.
What you bring
- Master of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work.
- One (1) year post Bachelor of Social Work experience in a health care setting.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full Time & Casual Opportunities
Wage: $35.65 - $44.56/hour
Location: Unit 8 - 2745 Lougheed Hwy Coquitlam, BC V3C 4J2
Applications will be accepted until these positions are filled
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCMHSUS are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
More search results
Manager, Client Care & Operations - Community Sup…
VHA Home HealthCare
Child and Family Therapist – 2SLGBTQ focus
Child and Family Therapist - Brief and CBT Servic…
Social Worker/Occupational Therapist - TFT - Ment…
Halton Healthcare Services
Social Worker - Tory Trauma Program - Critical Ca…
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre