Case Manager, Holocaust Survivor Services Program
Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, the Case Manager is responsible for providing high quality case management services to Holocaust Survivor clients at Circle of Care. This includes supporting clients from the time of application through to service transitions and termination. The Case Manager works collaboratively with the Holocaust Survivor Services team as well as all care providers throughout the client’s journey.
We are looking for: One Full-time Case Manager
Hours: 34 hours per week. This is currently a hybrid work from home position.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
- Respond to client inquiries and provide information and guidance to clients in the application process
- Provide in-home and in-office visits to support client applications
- Assist clients to collect information and documents required to apply to the program
- Conduct information sessions for clients on the application process
- Review and approve applications to the program
- Conduct initial and follow up in-home assessments for clients in the program
- Complete all correlating assessment forms, subsidiarity forms, case notes, careplans, etc.
- Determine frequency of reassessment required based on client need
- Complete reassessments as requested in order to increase client services
- At minimum reassess each client once annually
- Create care plans in collaboration with the client and caregivers
- Respond to client calls and inquiries regarding services
- Assist clients to secure both internal and external resources and services required
- Provide counseling and informal support as required
- Assist clients to navigate the healthcare system and provide support through transitions
- Ensure the client record is kept up to date in accordance with college and agency guidelines
- Plan and implement support groups for clients and caregivers
- Assist in planning and implementation of education for internal staff and external stakeholders as required
- Participate in external training relevant to the department
Health and Safety Management
- Responsible for identifying health and safety concerns and injury reporting
- Participate in health and safety processes and procedures
- Participate in maintaining a safe workplace environment
- Participate in all health and safety training initiatives
- A degree in social work, nursing or other allied health and registered in good standing with relevant college
- Minimum of 1-3 years of clinical experience is required. Clinical experience in community care, home care, or case management experience is preferred
- Must have experience working with a geriatric population, Holocaust Survivors and/or survivors of trauma
- A strong knowledge of community health providers and home care options and other local services is required
- Understanding of and commitment to the Social Determinants of Health and the ability to coordinate efforts of an interdisciplinary team to contribute to client wellbeing
- Must be able to work well independently and within a dynamic team
- Excellent organizational, communication (verbal and written), computer literacy, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong advocacy skills and a patient-centered focus, strong decision making, problem recognition, problem solving skills, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to perform routine work independently
- Computer proficiency including a thorough knowledge of MS Word and Excel computer software
- Russian speaking considered an asset
- Must be willing to travel. This position will require a valid driver’s license and vehicle.
Circle of Care must comply with Directive #6 and therefore requires that all employees, students and volunteers provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination upon hire.