The Centre for Independent Living (CILT) is a non-profit, community-based resource organization run by people with disabilities, for people with disabilities. We operate on the philosophy of the Independent Living Movement which affirms the right of persons with disabilities to control their own lives and live independently.
Our Self-Managed Attendant Services; Direct Funding Program (www.dfontario.ca), is a unique program which enables eligible participants to employ and schedule attendants of their choosing, with the support of government funds. CILT administers the funds under guidelines established by the provincial Ministry of Health.
We are seeking an Intake Coordinator to lead the Intake function of the Direct Funding Program.
Reporting to the Direct Funding Program Manager, you will:
1. Lead the Intake function of the DF program
- Manage and engage a small team of Intake staff
- Work to continuously improve Intake policies and procedures
- Member of the DF management team
2. Supervise procedures involved in Intake for the DF Program
- Answer general questions about the DF Program
- Provide support and information to new & existing participants on the DF Program
- Process applications for the DF Program
- Update DF database with applicant/participant information including changes of address, administrative office, status, ILRC and budget information
- Support the larger DF team with administrative tasks as needed
- Process incoming mail and assist with outgoing mail from time to time
- Generate Initial participant agreements for eligible applicants
3. Coordinate applicant screening and interviews
- Schedule applicant interviews and maintain provincial interview schedule
- Pre-screen all applicants, especially those with unique or inappropriate applications; work with people with no familiarity with DF or who may not be eligible, and determining urgency of applicants
- Oversee provincial waitlist management and schedule provincial interviews
- Work with applicants one-on-one and in groups to prepare for DF interviews
- Participate as lead interviewer in DF interviews
4. Participate as an active member of the DF team
- Compile DF statistics
- Participate in team activities related to the overall smooth operation of the DF program
- Communicate with other team members regularly to ensure consistent adherence to program policies and procedures
- Work with the DF management team to provide information to other ILRCs as appropriate
- Report significant or unusual information encountered in day-to-day activities to the Program Manager, Provincial Program Coordinator and/or Executive Director (e.g., community needs, government cutbacks, emergency situations or situations which may have legal consequences for the agency)
5. Conduct community outreach presentations
6. Perform other duties as reasonably required
- Post-secondary degree or related 5 years experience in business administration, human resources and/or office management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and work co-operatively in a team.
- Familiarity with policy and procedure development and implementation
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of issues relating to human resource management, staff supervision and employment standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated computer skills with the Microsoft Office package, including Access.
- Ability to manage data, present information (written and verbal) and generate reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of attendant services, disability issues and the Independent Living philosophy would be an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as customer service standards consistent with AODA and PHIPA
Please submit a cover letter and resume by January 28, 2022.
CILT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with lived experience of disability and other equity-seeking groups.
CILT is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CILT's Operational Policies and Procedures, including our COVID-19 Immunization Policy, which is available on our website, are a condition of employment.
More search results
3 Temporary Full Time Social Workers MSW (Until M…
School Social Worker (Temp)
York Region District School Board
Age-Wise Solutions Inc.
Anti-Human Trafficking Trauma Therapist or Counse…
Child Protection Workers - Virtual Career Fair
Peel Children's Aid Society