Director, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, and as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, this position is responsible for championing equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) principles in our work with employees and communities and delivering equity-informed services to our clients. As the Director of EDI for North America’s largest Board-governed Children’s Aid Society, this role provides an opportunity for a seasoned professional to lead our Agency in driving and influencing change in the child welfare sector. Leveraging strong analytical, communications and project management skills, we will turn to this position to build, implement, and measure EDI policies, programs, and partnerships at a local and provincial level.
- Demonstrates excellence in leadership abilities by acting as a champion for organizational change and works to motivate and inspire team towards excellence in service related to the equity, diversity and inclusion strategy and work plan.
- Provides strategic framework and guidance to management to ensure decisions, practices, service, policy, and program development is done within an equity framework.
Design and Ongoing Equity Service Deliverables and Programming:
- Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates a comprehensive equity, diversity and inclusion strategy that supports the Agency’s mission, vision, and values. Responsible for identifying gaps and making recommendations for improving EDI practices and reconciliation.
- Chairs, co-chairs, participates or acts as a resource to the Agency’s various equity committees and resource groups to ensure their effective functioning and contribution to the Agency’s equity and diversity objectives.
- Leads, collaborates, and supports change initiatives for integrating equity practices, ensuring Agency alignment with equity goals/ objectives.
- Supports evidence informed practice through relevant equity research.
- Prepares reports and statistics on the Agency’s progress on equity matters and recommends actions to the Strategic Leadership Team as required.
Internal Agency Work:
- Establishes the Agency’s equity work plan and collaborates with the Strategic Leadership Team to ensure that all departments are achieving Agency milestones and that appropriate resources are allocated.
Community and Provincial Work:
- Liaises with external stakeholders such as Ontario Association of Children’s Aid Societies, as required to further the Society’s equity objectives and to ensure Agency responsiveness and accountability to the broader diverse/ equity communities. Identifies opportunities for improving linkages, partnerships, and joint ventures.
- Oversees the development of partnerships with community resources, agencies, and key stakeholder groups.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s preferred in Social Work, Human Resources, or Diversity.
- Six years’ experience in the management of a large-scale diversity related initiative or other educational and personal qualifications combined with experience that constitutes adequate and suitable preparation for the position.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated understanding of equity, diversity and inclusion frameworks and theory as applied to communities, institutions, and groups
- Demonstrated understanding of human rights, accessibility, and other employment legislation
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and groups from a wide range of identities across the Agency and within the community.
- Credibility as a strong and effective champion for equity and valuing of diversity.
- Demonstrated experience in managing organizational change initiatives and leading the development and implementation of special programs, reviews, and positive outcome measures.
- Strong project management, policy and program development and implementation experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, and teaching skills; strong written communications skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict.
- Understanding of child welfare services.
To apply for this exciting role, email your resume to:
Patrick Rowan, Partner | Feldman Daxon Partners, Inc.
email@example.com | 416-515-7600 ext. 254