Established over 30 years ago, Medcan is a global leader in assessing clients' overall well-being and inspiring them to live well. Medcan has a comprehensive range of diagnostic assessments, which, in combination with innovative programs tailored to specific needs, are designed to successfully reach improved health outcomes.
Over 80 physicians and specialists, alongside a broad roster of complementary health care disciplines, provide health and lifestyle management services on-site and video consult for individuals, families, and organizations. Our team of 500 staff see clients physically and virtually from our downtown Toronto location.
Medcan is currently recruiting for an experienced mental health professional to join our high-performing and fast-growing team of clinicians within our Living Well – Mental Health program. The Living Well program provides a holistic approach where the clinician will be asked to meet with clients who are identify with the following needs: stress management, depression, attention and concentration, self-esteem, relationship management, workplace challenges, as well as personal life situations and decision-making ability. The individual will play a key role in the development and growth of Medcan’s mental health offering and they will have the opportunity to help further embed and shape mental health services within our Annual Health Assessment, as we seek to expand our footprint in the mind health space
- Reviewing and interpreting client screening results to address client profile and self-identified goals and needs
- Providing recommendations or referrals for ongoing treatment as appropriate
- Leveraging Medcan’s Preferred Provider Network, where appropriate
- Leveraging evidence-based strategies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Positive Psychology, and Motivational Interviewing
- Developing a client action plan to address current or potential future obstacles and challenges, build or sustain resiliency, and renew or improve performance
- Building strong relationships with the client's Annual Health Assessment team to coordinate care and enhance the client experience
- Creating a summary report to reflect relevant client insights and action plans which may include referrals and resource recommendations
- Supporting new program development which include but is not limited to, creating content, clinical research, managing client feedback and conducting pilots
- Updating client resources and clinical tools, where necessary
- Evaluating and reporting on external providers and community resources who are referred to Medcan clients
- Minimum 5-7+ years clinical experience with adults, preference working with executives
- A Master’s degree in counselling, psychology or social work
- Full registration with a professional college
- Flexible to work both in-clinic and remote
- Experience in a private clinic setting and superior assessment skills
- Experience with CBT treatments of adults
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Strong focus on customer service and high professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, EMR system
- Comfortable in an omnichannel experience (ie. email, video, phone, chat) to deliver care for clients
- Experience in program development, an asset
This is an Independent Contractor role that reports to the Clinical Director, Mental Health. The role sits primarily at our Oakville clinic but requires flexibility to commute to our Toronto clinic at 150 York St. on an as-needed basis.
Medcan’s philosophy of Live Well, For Life applies not only to our clients, but also our valued staff members. We provide a variety of programs to help our employees manage their mental and physical well-being. We offer special employee rates on fitness sessions, in-house specialty services, and a complimentary membership to our clinic to name a few.
We also have employee perks to continue to help our staff Live Well, For Life. This includes complimentary group fitness sessions as well as an on-site healthy lunch program provided by our own food and catering brand, Nourish. We also provide interactive webinars hosted by our in-house experts focused on Eat, Move, Think. Our enhanced benefits package is just one of the reasons why we continue to be one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies!
In your cover letter please include why you wish to align yourself with Medcan and how you believe you can add value to our organization.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted. No phone calls and no agencies please.
Medcan is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity, diversity, and inclusion. We continuously work to provide a fair opportunity for all staff to participate and succeed at work, creating a sense of belonging, respect and a place that values the unique perspectives and lived experiences of each member of our team. We recognize the value of diversity in attributes such as age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation and attractional, ethnicity, race, colour, nationality, family and marital status, ability, religion and belief, freedom of thought, and any other characteristic that makes you unique. If these principles resonate with you, we encourage you to apply!
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise your Talent Management Specialist if you require accommodation.