Clinical Therapist / Social Worker
Kinark Child and Family Services is a leading child and youth service organization in Ontario on a mission to become an employer of choice. We provide a wide range of evidence-based services that include individual, family and group counselling for children and youth with complex needs and their families. Kinark’s three program streams include: Community-Based Child and Youth Mental Health, Autism and Forensic Mental Health.
Are you interested in working for a leading organization helping children and youth with complex needs?
Come join our team!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, comprehensive health and dental benefits, and other employment perks
- Flexible work arrangement supporting employee work life balance
- Employer Matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan up to 6%
- Employee Wellness Program
- Extensive Educational and Training Opportunities and Supports
- Supportive work environment with regular Supervision and Feedback
- Renowned Accredited Clinical Programs
We currently have an opportunity for :
Clinical Therapist / Social Worker (Regular Full-Time)
Start Date : December 6, 2021
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Vanier Residence Social Worker is responsible for delivering evidence-based treatment to adolescent clients in the form of individual and family therapy as well as developing treatment plans, assessing risk factors and developing safety plans. The Vanier Residence Social Worker assists clients and/or families in working with current resources and skills, navigating community resources (schools, funding) and building/enhancing skills to improve social, emotional and psychological well being. This position works as a member of a multidisciplinary team within the residence.
Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Complete an initial comprehensive assessment, considering the multiple layers and interacting mental health issues, needs, and disorders, concurrent substance use issues, and medical conditions.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop safety plans.
- Utilize commitment strategies to obtain commitment to therapeutic engagement, while assessing client readiness and stage of change.
- Complete a comprehensive formulation and treatment plan as a foundation for treatment, with input from collateral sources and multidisciplinary team integrated.
- Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed in order to comply with changes in clients' status.
- Provide intervention, with clinical outcomes to be achieved through application of evidenced-based practices with ongoing monitoring of impact.
- Focus on the youth’s potential for developing/sustaining pro-social, self-regulation of mental health symptoms, related behaviours (e.g. substance use, conflict management, anger management)
- Self-monitor the completion of progress/contact notes describing each client contact and how that contact relates to treatment goals and adherence to policy
- Collaborate with other members of the treatment team and participate in interagency/team meetings
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or a Health-Related Discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience is preferred.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work with extensive and relevant experience will also be considered.
- Must be registered and in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW), the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO), the College of Nursing (CNO), the College of Psychologists in Ontario or the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Must be eligible and able to perform Psychotherapy as defined under the act.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in a mental health setting, is required.
- Excellent clinical assessment, formulation and treatment planning skills is essential.
- Training and or experience in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) will be considered assets.
- Experience with providing a broad range of clinical services and demonstrated effective work with a child and adolescent population who present a variety of clinically challenging issues.
- Demonstrated expertise in family therapy, including brief models, and advanced group skills with children and parents are preferred.
- Computer competency and experience working with diverse cultures are considered as assets for this position.
- Travel is required for this position; the successful candidate must have a valid Ontario driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to obtain automobile insurance which includes driving for business purposes with a minimum liability of one million dollars.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Bilingual English/French candidates will be given special consideration.
Please visit the below link to apply :
Kinark Child and Family Services conditions of employment include but are not limited to successful Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, completed Pre-Employment Medical certificate, and proof of full vaccination by November 15, 2021. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received all required doses of a World Health Organization Approved COVID-19 Vaccine and 14 days have passed since last dose. Proof of vaccination for each vaccine dose received is required.
Kinark Child and Family Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 474-9595.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
More search results
Crisis Support Worker
Canadian Mental Health Association - Peel Dufferin Branch
Anti-Human Trafficking Trauma Therapist or Counse…
Master of Social Work - Full and Part-time Therap…
Shift Cognitive Therapy
Manager of Day Treatment – Child Family Therapy
Case Manager, Holocaust Survivor Services Program
Circle of Care