Remote Social Worker or Psychotherapist
Layla is a human-first, tech-powered mental health service, built on quality, patient-centricity, and innovation. Our mission is to empower Canadians to take control of their mental health.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for skilled mental health clinicians to join our team in a full-time capacity. The therapists will work within both Layla Therapy (private practice clients) and Specialty Programs (partnerships with large community-based healthcare organization). Specialty Programs provides timely and high-quality assessment and treatment to individuals seeking services after suffering occupational injury. This is an exciting opportunity for a clinician looking to develop their assessment, personalized treatment planning, and treatment skills. This position will be clinically supervised by a Psychologist or Social Worker.
This is a full-time staff role working weekdays, with some requirement for late start/early evening hours (2 days per week through 7pm).
This role is entirely remote and all interviewing and training will be done remotely as well. In-person meetings (in GTA) may be required every now and then (expected less than a few times per year). Travel expenses - if applicable - to be covered by the company. Interested applicants from anywhere in Ontario are welcome to apply.
Key accountabilities & what you will be doing
- Conduct clinical assessments of clients
- Provide evidence-based psychotherapy treatment to clients to support their psychological needs, recovery, and progress towards a full return to work
- Write high quality assessment and discharge reports on a strict timeline
- Write high quality treatment reports on a regular schedule
- Participate in regular clinical supervision as well as interdisciplinary clinical rounds
- Keep organized and professional treatment records
- Collaborate with clinical and admin team members internally and within partner organization in an environment focused on client care and process effectiveness
- Take on special initiatives, from time-to-time, that align with your interests and business needs
- License: Licensed psychotherapy provider in Ontario, registered in good standing as an MSW or RP.
- Training: Masters-level (or equivalent) training in Social Work (Clinical Focus), Clinical/Counseling Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy or a related field from a reputable institution. Additional training related to mental health is an asset
- Experience: 2+ years of post-graduate experience. Extensive experience working with anxiety, depression, and PTSD. Experience working with Occupational Stress Injury and First Responders is an asset.
- Clinical Approach: Strong knowledge and experience with evidence-based treatment methods (e.g. CBT, DBT, CPT, PE and/or EMDR). Demonstrated cultural competency/use of Anti-Oppressive Practice; Strong interpersonal skills including building strong therapeutic alliances, genuineness, and collaboration and consensus-building with clients.
- Organizational Skills: Strong attention to detail and organization; ability to deliver and interest in creating high quality reports with high levels of efficiency and accuracy; Comfortable using technology.
- Personal Characteristics: A demonstrated strong commitment to a collaborative care model; Acts with diligence, reliability, and commitment to their work; Adaptable and quick study of updates to systems and workflow; High tolerance for change in a growing and evolving organization and environment. Proactive, raises issues and seeks feedback with a growth mindset
Access to a private space to conduct client sessions, phone, and reliable internet connection. Company will provide laptop and accessories.
- Attractive clinical role with extensive supervision
- Remote work, some level of schedule autonomy and flexibility
- Comprehensive extended benefits - health, dental, vision for you and your family
- Three weeks vacation + 8 personal/wellness days
- Opportunities for advancement and support (time and financial) for professional development activities
How to Apply:
Apply on company website: https://laylacare.humi.ca/job-board/specialty%20programs/7536
We appreciate your interest in Layla. We look forward to reviewing your application, and will be in touch to arrange an interview if your profile matches our current needs. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Expected start date: Early Nov 2021 - Dec 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent