DIRECTOR, COUNSELLING SERVICES
- Family Service Thames Valley
- London ON
- To be negotiated
- Job Category
- Social Work
- Job Type
Family Service Thames Valley (FSTV) is a not-for-profit family service organization empowering people to face life challenges.
Our Director, Counselling Services leads a team of professionals who offer counselling and psychotherapy to families, couples and individuals to better manage grief and loss, relationship difficulties, anxiety, depression, past trauma or abuse, adjustment to separation and divorce, or other life transitions such as job loss or transition to retirement.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Human Resources Management
- Leading a high-performance team of 10-12 clinicians plus 10-12 independent contractors with a focus on coaching and development.
- Operations Management
- Maintaining Accreditation standards.
- Financial Management including managing funding contracts and budget.
- Program Management including maintaining outcomes measures.
- Systems Management, particularly Caseworks.
- Community Outreach and Engagement
- Representing FSTV at local mental health tables.
- Adapting programming to changing community needs.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- A commitment to FSTV’s articulated Vision, Mission and Values.
- A Master’s degree in Social Work or related discipline; an understanding of mental health and short-term solution-focused treatment
- Critical thinker; relationship builder; motivator; problem solver; decision maker; team player; calm under stress; ability to deal with ambiguity; ethical; reasonable; lead effective meetings; high emotional intelligence; demonstrated ability to plan and execute work, and to organize and motivate staff; clear and concise written and oral communication; comfortable with systems (Microsoft suite, Caseworks, calendar sharing).
- At least 7 years clinical and 3 years management experience.
- This position reports to the Executive Director and is vacant due to an internal promotion.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate good standing with their regulated professional college.
Please forward your resume and cover letter in a single PDF document by 4.00 pm on Friday, November 12, 2021 to: email@example.com.
Find out more about FSTV at www.familyservicethamesvalley.com
- All applications will be acknowledged.
- A detailed Job Description will be provided to those candidates called for interview.