Individual and Family Therapist
Lumenus is currently seeking Individual and Family Therapists for full-time permanent positions for our Community Counselling Program.
The positions have a focus within clinical services (Community Counselling/Walk-In) to provide youth and their families who have mental health concerns and/or a dual diagnosis (mental health and developmental disability) with Individual and Family Psychotherapy; and Service Coordination.
- Provide a range of clinical services (individual, parent, family) including individual and family therapy, and parent coaching according to client needs;
- Assume the intake function with youth and their families who are self-referred or referred from school and/or community partners and administer assessment tools;
- Provide single session, short term and /or ongoing therapy according to the client’s needs;
- Work collaboratively with the school, health and child welfare systems to ensure integrated and coordinated service to assigned youth/families;
- Participate in team meetings, supervision and consultations on a regular basis to provide quality of care;
- Identify and advocate on behalf of youth and families to address gaps in service;
- Provide brief, short-term or long-term goal directed work with youth and their families;
- Maintain effective working relationships with the referral sources and other service providers as required.
- M.S.W., M.A., or equivalent with at least 2 years of professional experience or combination of education and experience;
- Registration with the OCSWSSW or CRPO is required.
- Excellent assessment and intervention skills with youth/families and significant experience providing individual and family therapy to adolescents and/or children;
- A solid understanding and clinical experience with the Bio-Psycho-Social Model, as well as clinical evidenced-informed practices such as CBT, SFT, EFT/EFFT, Narrative, DBT, attachment and trauma-informed work;
- A strength-based philosophy of service provision and a belief in the resiliency of youth;
- A capacity to build and nurture working relationships with partner agencies;
- A self-starter with an ability to work independently, as well as within an established team structure;
- Solid understanding of the Anti-oppressive framework;
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of autism and/or dual diagnosis and the impact on the clients and their families;
- Well-developed computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft applications;
- Knowledge of LGBTQ, racialized, and newcomer communities, and youth with a dual diagnosis (mental health and developmental disability) and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), as well as lived experience of racism, ableism, homophobia, or transphobia are advantageous.
- Satisfactory clearance under the Vulnerable Sector Screening process;
- Flexibility and ability to travel to work in schools, home, community as needed;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings;
- Fluency in Spanish, Tagalog, Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, French, or Vietnamese is an asset.
TO APPLY: Interested applicants are invited to visit our website at https://lumenus.ca/ careers/ and submit their cover letter and resume through our Career Centre on or before November 12, 2021.
Lumenus is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free.
We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting Human Resources. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
More search results
Manager, Intensive Services
Lumenus Community Services
Mental Health Clinician
Peel District school Board
Manager, Community Mental Health - DBT and Counse…
Lumenus Community Services
Therapist - Ontario Structured Psychotherapy
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
Regional Clinical Supervisor
Ministry of Attorney General