Based in Scarborough, YouthLink provides a range of mental health services proven to build resiliency & improve life outcomes for youth at risk.
Last year we reached out to more than 8700 young people and their families, helping youth to build connections with caring adults, develop their strengths, build new skills and pursue their goals for a more promising future. With the right support, guidance and opportunities, we believe that all youth can achieve their potential to succeed.
Visit our website www.youthlink.ca for more information.
October 13, 2021
Bargaining Unit Position
636 Kennedy Road
Scarborough, ON M1K 2B3
Senior Manager, Clinical Services
This position is responsible for providing individual, family, and group counselling case management, education, advocacy, and consultation to support youth and their families or caregivers presenting with mental health, emotional or behavioural issues. YouthLink serves youth ages 12-21 for ongoing counselling, and ages 0-24 for walk-in counselling.
- Provides walk-in and crisis counselling as well as longer-term family, individual and group counselling. Makes appropriate treatment recommendations in collaboration with clients. Assesses effectiveness of counselling support and collaboratively alters approach to suit client needs.
- Prepares documents and other resources for client and group sessions: takes clinical notes during counselling sessions, enters information, and prepares assessments and reports.
- Manages cases: follows up by telephone; makes appropriate referrals; researches and coordinates external services; locates and applies for funding to support clients; works with multidisciplinary professionals, such as child protection and youth justice. Reports to appropriate person or body any incidents that may jeopardize client or staff safety.
- Develops professionally through supervision, team meetings, case consultations, external training events.
- Increases awareness of Youthlink by attending community events.
- Actively contributes to the Agency’s Strategic Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall Plan.
- Takes all reasonable and necessary precautions to protect his or her own health and safety and that of co-workers by complying and demonstrating knowledge of the policies, procedures and safe practices established by YouthLink
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or directly related discipline.
- Specialized training in clinical counselling models (such as; CBT, Narrative, Solution-Focused etc.), training in evidence-based practices, familiarity with outcome informed approaches, training in trauma informed practice, diversity and anti-oppression.
- Training in trauma assessment and treatment, training in standard assessments including but not limited to BERS-2 an asset.
- Full member in good standing with a relevant governing body.
- Two (2) years’ experience in clinical counselling.
- Knowledge of community services, relevant legislation, and social justice issues.
- Familiarity with suicide/risk assessment and crisis support services.
- Operating from an Anti-Black Racism lens is an asset.
- Bilingualism (French & English) is an asset.
- Must be able to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
- Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 is required.
- This position requires evening hours of 2 evenings per week. There are some risks involved in this position such as crisis management. Minimal travelling required.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
35 hours per week
$56,213 – 63,808
email@example.com - Please quote File #1217 in the subject line.
Open Until Filled
YouthLink values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to equity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More search results
Manager, Intensive Services
Lumenus Community Services
Mental Health Clinician
Peel District school Board
Manager, Community Mental Health - DBT and Counse…
Lumenus Community Services
Therapist - Ontario Structured Psychotherapy
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
Regional Clinical Supervisor
Ministry of Attorney General