Position Title: Student Counselor (3 days a week)
Applicant Deadline: October 22, 2021
We are currently seeking for a part-time Student Counsellor at our Toronto Campus location. Reporting to the Manager, Student Life, the successful applicant will provide short-term counselling services to CCNM students experiencing personal, social, and educational concerns affecting their personal and academic life on an as-needed basis. This position will provide services to students at both the Toronto and Boucher campuses.
In addition to providing counselling services, the Student Counsellor will also contribute to program development and delivery of CCNM’s student mental health promotion strategy (Thrive program).
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychotherapy, Clinical Psychology or Counselling
- Current registration as a Social Worker, Psychotherapist or Clinical Psychologist
- Eligibility to practice in Ontario and British Columbia
- Three to five years of demonstrated counselling experience in a clinical setting
- Strong generalist counselling skills and ability to work within a time-limited practice model
- Excellent clinical judgment and decision-making skills to deliver counselling and crisis intervention services for students, including risk-assessment, crisis management, complex case management, outreach, and referrals
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including demonstrable understanding of professional boundaries, roles and responsibilities, and strong collaboration and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organization, time management, and project management skills to coordinate the programs required to support student mental health
- Tact, discretion, and ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment
- Well-developed knowledge of the principles of counselling and the processes that lead to change and personal development
- Knowledge of community resources to provide referrals to students who require further assistance
*In response to COVID-19, this position is currently remote, but may occasionally be required to be on-site. *
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) is Canada’s premier, pan-Canadian academic institution for education and research in naturopathic medicine. Our graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations for all regulated jurisdictions in Canada and the United States to become naturopathic doctors. The College is a registered charity dependent upon tuition, research grants and donations for the fulfillment of its mission. CCNM has two campuses, one in Toronto and another in the Metro Vancouver area known as the Boucher Campus. The College provides an attractive work environment for those who value good health and who enjoy working in a positive creative atmosphere.
CCNM welcomes individuals who have demonstrated commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will partner with us in expanding our EDI capacity. We encourage applications from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous Peoples, Black-identified persons, other racialized persons, and persons with disabilities and those who identify as women and/or LGBTQ2SIA+.
CCNM is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. This document can be made available in an alternate format upon request.
To Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for, and where you saw this job advertisement. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Remote Social Worker or Psychotherapist
Layla Care Inc.
DIRECTOR, COUNSELLING SERVICES
Family Service Thames Valley
Individual and Family Therapist
Lumenus Community Services
Program Officer, Intake and Case Support
Home and Community Care Support Services South West