Position: Clinical Therapist – Full Time Permanent
Reporting to: Manager of Community Services
Posting Date: October 12, 2021
Closing Date: November 1, 2021
Start Date: To be negotiated
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, flexible schedule with some evenings included
Salary: $54,600 - $58,240 per year
ARE YOU THE NEXT GREAT MEMBER OF OUR TEAM?
Do you aspire to make a real difference in the community/lives of vulnerable women and children? Are you looking for a fulfilling career experience? Are you a positive, open minded, enthusiastic person with excellent social skills? Are you excited to work with a group of steadfast individuals united by a common vision and purpose? Do you consider yourself a caring and empathetic individual?
If you said yes, then you might just be the person we’re looking for.
Cornerstone is a very special place with a dynamic staff team and a distinguished Board of Directors who are deeply dedicated to creating a violence free future. With more than a 35-year track record, Cornerstone is a charitable organization that has earned its role as a catalyst for change and action around the issue of gender based violence in Northumberland County. Our organizational leadership is open and devoted to fulfilling our mission; staff are responsive and caring, and everyone always aims to achieve excellence in all that we do.
You are an exceptional individual with experience in a direct service role who is looking to apply those skills in a professional, fast-paced, complex environment. Your background and passion for social work will demonstrate a commitment to the provision of excellent client services and contribute to a respectful, productive work environment at Cornerstone.
As a result of Ministry of Children, Community & Social Services (MCCSS) reallocation of Violence Against Women (VAW) funding, we are recruiting a Clinical Therapist. The Clinical Therapist is responsible for providing professional individual and group therapy, advocacy and referral services to women who have experienced abuse and/or sexual assault. The Clinical Therapist will demonstrate a commitment to the provision of excellent client services and contribute to a respectful, productive work environment at Cornerstone.
The Clinical Therapist is directly supervised by the Manager of Community Services.
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodations are available, upon request, to support applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
- Masters level social work or counselling-focused degree or equivalent
- Currently registered with the relevant Regulated professional College of Ontario
- Maintains an ethical practice guided by established professional standards with no previous violations or breach of professional practice standards
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience preferred
- Solid understanding of and ability to use various treatment modalities, with Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) being an asset
- Advanced group facilitation skills using psycho educational and psychotherapeutic models
- Demonstrated ability to stay versed in relevant current research and pursue ongoing professional development
- Solid understanding of trauma and its impacts, and experience working with individuals who have experienced trauma
- Comprehensive understanding of issues related to family violence, including a strong understanding of the links between violence, trauma, addictions and mental health, and homelessness
- Proven ability to respond to complex needs of clients in a counselling capacity while demonstrating empathy
- Knowledge of the following frameworks:
- Motivational Interviewing,
- The Comprehensive Continuous Integrated Systems of Care model of service provision
- Harm Reduction
- Family and Intimate Partner Violence within a gendered lens
- Trauma informed, and
- Housing First in relation to Violence Against Women
For complete Position Summary and Qualifications, please consult the Job Description which is available on our website at: https://cornerstonenorthumberland.ca/careers.
If you are interested in the above position, please forward cover letter and resume by 9am on November 1, 2021 via email to email@example.com.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted. No follow up telephone calls or emails please.
More search results
DIRECTOR, COUNSELLING SERVICES
Family Service Thames Valley
Individual and Family Therapist
Lumenus Community Services
Program Officer, Intake and Case Support
Home and Community Care Support Services South West
Disability Consultant (Term)
University of Toronto, Scarborough