Social Worker - Seniors Assessment and Support Outreach Team (SASOT)
DURATION: From Dec. 2021 until approximately Dec. 2022
As a member of the interdisciplinary Seniors Assessment and Support Outreach Team, you will assess and provide outreach services to individuals aged 65 years and older residing within the region of South Muskoka. Through the completion of comprehensive assessment of health and functional skills, your case management skills will help maintain people within their home, facilitate successful hospital discharge, and reduce unnecessary emergency visits.
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Bachelors degree in Social Work
- Minimum of 2-3 years of hospital experience in the provision of evidence- based practice and management of a range of clinical and psychosocial issues in hospitalized patients, particluarly the elderly.
- Well-developed knowledge of the role of hospital and community services and professions in the care of patients
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Previous experience across a varied caseload
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Requires excellent organizational skills, problem solving and judgement skills.
- Regular and punctual attendance is a requirement of this position.
- Computer skills
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team model.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Access to a vehicle and a valid Ontario drivers licence.
- As a condition of employment, external hires are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
More search results
DIRECTOR, COUNSELLING SERVICES
Family Service Thames Valley
Individual and Family Therapist
Lumenus Community Services
Program Officer, Intake and Case Support
Home and Community Care Support Services South West
Disability Consultant (Term)
University of Toronto, Scarborough